Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Thanks to this thread and awesome arm strength I changed both of mine in 1.5 hours. About 30 minutes was probably devoted to finding tools and pb blaster in my garage. I couldn't remember what to torque the hub bolts to so I went ahead and put them back to about 1000 lbs. Having a 2wd...
  2. F

Solved How to change SPARK PLUGS on a 4.6L V-8

FYI- If you use a length of 3/8" fuel hose to install the plugs you won't have to worry about cross threading. It offers more of a feel to finger tighten them instead of using the socket.
  3. F

Front wheel bearings

Has anyone had experience with Federal Mogul brand hub assemblys?
  4. F

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300405517774&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT Found this on Ebay. Seems like a great price. Has anybody used them?
  5. F

Thank you, just making sure. Has anybody tried Federal Mogul brand bearings?
  6. F

I have an 04 2wd Explorer. Are the 3 mounting bolts the only bolts holding it on?
  7. F

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

Thank you for this thread. I changed mine along with the lowers and struts this weekend. I highly recommend getting the quick struts.
  8. F

05 v8 intake options??

I zip tied it to the reservoir behind it to hold it up in place and used those large black binder clips to hold the K&N to the top part of the air box. It has been that way for 50,000 miles with no problems.
  9. F

05 v8 intake options??

Check the mileage and try it both ways. I get better mileage without the bottom part of the airbox.
  10. F

05 v8 intake options??

I did this. I plugged the holes to the silencers, took off the lower half of the air box and clamped a K&N filter to the top of the air box. Yesterday my mileage for mostly rural, but some city driving, was 18.6. I had it in last week to get new rear wheel bearings and the owner of the shop...
Back