Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

3 BILLS for a Detroit Locker?

Sorry I've never used the search function before...where can I find it on this site?
  2. N

3 BILLS for a Detroit Locker?

I was wondering if any of you guys knew what a general price for a Detroit Locker and installation of one costs. I was quoted $689 for the locker, and $300 for the installation which would take a full day. Does this info sound correct?
  3. N

Remote Start

Clifford was $500 for the base alarm system, then an additional $200 i believe for the remote "Intellistart 4" plus installation...no way in hell i would attempt to do that myself. but in my opinion its well worth the money, particularly for those guys who live in areas where snow is heavy...
  4. N

Remote Start

Yeah, I have the Clifford remote start...no problems, hell it even starts up the car automatically when you don't yourself for a long time (eg. on vacation in hawaii) so you'll never have to worry about the battery dying.
  5. N

Bright BRIGHT lights......

I don't understand some of you guys. I mean if and when money is the issue then ofcourse the cheaper brands and products are better. But to illustrate my point, whenever people ask about brighter bulbs you guys recommend Silverstars instead of Solaris or PIAA's, which are far superior. When...
  6. N

K&N VS KKM

Probably alot of guys will not agree with me here, but you truly do get what you pay for.
  7. N

Performance Accessories gap guards

From what I recall they are long rectangular strips that bolt on at a slight angle - starting high up on the left side and slanting downwards at a 30 degree angle. I had to use a drill to make holes, then inserted the little black plugs that are included, then tossed on my own washers at the...
  8. N

Will it affect Top Speed??

You are another victim of the placebo effect. Now if you were talking about a 3 inch SUSPENSION lift...that would be different.
  9. N

KKM Air intake or K&N air intake system

I'd definately recommend the K&N FIPK generation 2--I have it, and basically the same model explorer as you (minus the luxuries of an eddie bauer) and lemme tell you throttle response and hp is greatly improved (tho not the 15hp they claim) and yes, if you like the cool sound of the extra air...
  10. N

This is REDICULOUS

yeah seriously you must be able to say something or come to some sort of compromise or agreement. Whether or not the keys were in there it was THEIR parking lot so they must still be held accountable i would think. plus just tell them they must be out of their minds if they expect you to pay...
  11. N

My new explorer, what kind of tires?

I have boggers and i don't think i'm stupid for getting them.
  12. N

Super Swamper TSL

Namitey...you said "i'm pretty sure the radials are bias ply." Just to let you know those are 2 completely different types of tire. I used to have a set of Swamper Radials and they were great on-road, not too loud and had road manners. Off-road they fared well, questionable in rain and snow...
  13. N

Whitest Headlights

I know, forget Silverstars or PIAA's just go with Phillips HID conversion kit that will kick some major ass.
  14. N

Whitest Headlights

Alright guys whatever you say. I just hope 2K1Xplorer doesn't get mad when he buys silverstars and realizes they're not actually as bright as that questionably-angled photo implies them to be.
  15. N

question on a upgrade

Sure it's possible. Whether or not it is a good idea is entirely another question.
  16. N

how's gibson's quality?

I got one and I wouldn't want anything else. Deep throaty sound, noticeable increase in hp and torque (tho not the 15hp they claim), doesn't rust, and it looks tight. what more do you need?
  17. N

PIAA 520 SMR SERIES CHROME

I hear www.autosupermart.com www.carparts.com and www.4wheelparts.com are all good.
  18. N

Whitest Headlights

Screw the PIAA's? Go with Silverstarts? Are you joking?! SCREW THE SILVERSTARTS.
  19. N

What Power Supply (Battery, Capacitator, etc)

Like everyone said, for what you're running you shouldn't have a problem. Turn up the volume to your regular listening level and see if all the lights on your dash dim when the bass beats hit. If they dim drastically you may wanna consider upgrading the battery. I don't think an alternator...
  20. N

Whitest Headlights

Which is not a PIAA superwhite.
  21. N

Whitest Headlights

From what I know, any modification to headlights are technically illegal (including PIAA super whites), not that cops usually care. They are specified as "for offroad or show use only."
  22. N

HID Conversion Comparisons

First off Ebay is very unreliable. Hell I even have a few friends that sell all their broken crap on it. As for 8000K...well that is 1500 Kelvin brighter than the color temp. of sunlight, which is blue. So I'm guessing either there is no such thing as 8000K, or it's purple.
  23. N

Duel Exhausts?

I would recommend Gibson. Some of the "other" brands sound like fartcans. Don't get a custom Y-pipe because while it may "look cool" it may decrease performance and there really is no point. Explorer's don't have much room under there so that's why companies don't make duals.
  24. N

33" tires and 3.73gears

Just a quick note. Telling people to "do a search" is not helping them at all. I'm sure that's the first thing they've done and when they don't find what they're looking for, then they ask you all for your opinions. As for your gearing question, yes 4:10 is ideal for 33 inch tires, if you...
  25. N

HID Conversion Comparisons

For your reference 3200K+ is like tungsten light, it's yellow. 4300K+ approaches sunlight, it's white. 6500K is sunlight, it's blue.
Back