Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

PATS problem, key code not received and battery light on

Problem fixed I have it fixed now. The problem was evidently a water leak from the windshield onto the keyless entry module. I got the truck started and took it for a drive. I could hear sizzling coming from under the dash. Upon closer inspection, I could tell the noise was coming from the...
  2. B

PATS problem, key code not received and battery light on

I had a dead battery on my 99 Expedition, and replaced it. After replacing the battery, the truck will not start. The theft light flashed rapidly and the battery light came on. The theft light started flashing 1:3 (1 flash followed by 3), which I believe means that the key code was not received...
  3. B

Overheated andCoolant leak from hole under manifold

It was the front right freeze plug. My son and I changed it out today along with the thermostat, new antifreeze and some anti-corrosion additive. Hoping the others aren't soon to follow with the leaking as I won't be able to change those myself. Thanks for the suggestion Snowboi.
  4. B

Thanks Snowboi, I'll check into it. I think they are hard to replace.
  5. B

I have a 2000 Explorer with 4.0 SOHC. It overheated today and coolant was coming from a small hole in the block under the manifold on the right side (if your sitting in the driver's seat). This happened once before about a year ago and I thought it might be the thermostat, but when it cooled...
  6. B

Overdrive light flashing ('95 Exp. Eddie Bauer)

I also had to have the transmission rebuilt on my 2000 XLT after the O/D light flashed and I limped home. It happened at about 90,000 miles. A hard 90,000 miles, I pulled a 26' travel trailer with it before getting a bigger tow vehicle. Still have the Explorer, it's an everyday driver.
Back