Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

5.0 awd creaking noise

I'm getting this too at start out and very slow speed (primarily when under load), but seems to go away when the truck is moving in neutral.
  2. E

ExplorerBus I's 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0L AWD

Installed new KYB GR2's on the rear last night, along with a set of in-channel vent visors. The whole rear half of the truck is pretty much new now... leafs, shackles, shocks, brakes. Tonight going to try some torsion bar adjustments to level out the ride height and then Thursday it's getting an...
  3. E

X uneven after shackles and tires

I have more G lean than you, and I just replaced my leafs with new ones along with the Warrior shackles! I'm hoping to balance it out with some TT and get it aligned...
  4. E

I'm stuck! How do you remove the fog lights?

I haven't investigated yet, but I'm interested in doing the same thing!
  5. E

Got a question for a high mileage Explorer.

If it's made it for 400,000+ miles, I wouldn't change a damn thing on it unless I had to!
  6. E

'95 Mustang GT Parts Swap into '96 Ex?

Near my house there is a wrecked '95 Mustang GT for sale for $650. Would there be any compatability of the transmission/clutch/pedals/etc for a swap into my '96 Explorer? How about the steering wheel? Are these parts interchangeable? Pardon my Ford ignorance, I've always been a Mopar guy. :D
  7. E

Uneven Stance - Stumped!!!???

Welcome to the club. I'm hoping my new KYB's come in soon so I can pop them on this weekend and also do some TT to level it out. Once leveled out, she's going directly to the alignment shop...
  8. E

Looking for a car with good mileage, any recommendations?

A '95 - '99 Neon (manual trans) without a doubt. I used to have a new '99 Neon R/T with the 150hp 2.0 DOHC and it would get about 40 mpg all day if you took it easy!
  9. E

I checked that out too. There appears to be the same amount of exposed thread on both torsion bar bolts, so I don't believe it's ever been fooled with before. Which is a good thing...
  10. E

Cool, sounds like I might be in decent shape then, since mine's out < 2". I used all brand new parts from LMC when replacing the rear leafs... and used brand new WAR153 shackles from Desertrat.
  11. E

Thanks for the advice, that's exactly what I've decided to do at this point, for lack of any other option I suppose.
  12. E

Leaning to the left?

I'm still trying to figure out where to go once you replace the rear leafs and you still have the gangster lean...
  13. E

Actually I did take a measurement from the bottom of the lower shock mounts on the rear, and the right side was nearly 1/2" higher. Something odd is going on...
  14. E

Thanks for the link, just ordered a pair of KYBs from them with the 10% disc!
  15. E

Do you guys recommend any particular shocks? I'm about to order a pair...
  16. E

Thanks for the reply. I understand how shocks are just dampeners, but if one shock is longer than it's supposed to be though, couldn't that throw things off? I checked the torsion bolts up front and they're both even. I hate to crank one up and crank one down, wouldn't that throw other things...
  17. E

Purchased my '96 XLT last month with the infamous Explorer lean. So, I replaced the rear leafs, U-bolts, bolts, nuts, etc, and added WAR153 shackles. The thing still sits lopsided. Measurements from ground to top of wheelwell are the following: LF 32 3/16" RF 33 3/8" 1 3/16"...
  18. E

Very Proud of my Dad.. Look what he did! - lots of pix

Damn! Now that is rust! Great job by your pops!!!
  19. E

96 XLT on 33's

That thing looks mint!
  20. E

Got Side-Swiped....In my DRIVEWAY!

This makes no sense...
  21. E

Window Tint Opinions

Same thing I said, in more words. :p
  22. E

Not a Ford but I like it....

Mopar FTMFW!!!
  23. E

Thanks... do you have a registry where I can check out your ride? I gave up on the Silverstars a while ago... couldn't get more than 6 months out of them.
  24. E

Leaf spring assemblies and related parts arrived yesterday from LMC. Still awaiting the Warrior shackles from Desert Rat (which I ordered a few days earlier). Planning to have everything installed by Tuesday night...
  25. E

Tailgating + Dome Light Question

Yeah, this is what I wish I had but do not. Going to have to use Doubt Incarnate's method. The reason I ask is that a bunch of us "tailgate" during our kids' soccer practice. If I wait 45 minutes for the lights to go out, it will almost be time to leave anyhow, lol. BTW, thanks JL 3x12 for...
Back