Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2020 Ford Bronco!!

I can't wait for them to come out, my 2019 Ranger does nothing but impress me, so a Bronco will likely be even crazier. I will own one before all said and done. Did buy several 1st Gens lately to scratch my itch to run over trees on our farm. Something about it, just makes you smile.
  2. C

The Black Pearls LM7 5.3 LS SWAP!

Great thread, Used to mess with Explorers so much and wheel areas in your neck of the woods for years. Fkat Nasty, Smorr, Moonlight, which very exciting many more offroad parks have opened in Missouri. Looking forward to seeing how it all works for you. When i took a brief break to play with...
  3. C

2020 Official Colorado Color Run

Sharing some thoughts: I moved to Colorado because of my first trip with this forum years ago, led to the desire to have easier accesss- so beware it's amazing!! KOA is very nice, but lots of free camping is not far out. Heading out of town on 550 toward Silverton and before top of Red...
  4. C

Cab swap 2nd gen to 1st gen frame

I did this years ago 2nd Gen sport on 1st Gen sport frame, beside front core support mounts which I believe just needed modded wider. It was very easy. Many benefits: TTB if you want that 1st gen frames easier to SAS newer interior nicer ECU mounting location is nice especially if doing 4dr V8...
  5. C

Overland, backroad, offroad park- Gen 2 Explorer -trying something different

Getting closer to ready, need to relocate license plate, tonight mount Arb compressor. Hook up reverse light on roof rack.
  6. C

Family Wheeler - 2nd Gen Mounty on Tons

looking great! I know all about moving during projects, sure eats up a lot of time moving stuff. I've thought hard about building 4dr v8 using 05+ dana 60 -cant wait to see more
  7. C

Yea I have been inactive for awhile: moved to house number four in less than 4 years since being married. Several moves for work, and I didn't mentioned that number 4 I decided to build the entire house myself. So it has been the biggest undertaking I've ever done but is now couple months from...
  8. C

New meats today little minor trimming up front should be good
  9. C

So, with the rear springs giving the rear more lift, my stock shocks are no longer long enough. Stock fully extended the appear to be right at 25 in eye to eye. I measured with the rear fully drooped and they needed to be 2.75 longer. I getting upper mounts from Brian 1 that will drop the...
  10. C

New rear springs, now need longer shocks and build or buy some sway bar disconnects. The old springs did have add a leaf in them.
  11. C

Working on installing my Smitty Bilt roof rack today, overall very satisfied and easy to install with their mount kit
  12. C

Normally I go all out for offroad, rock crawling, usually trailer rigs. That said.. I'm going a different route. I bought a 2000 Eddie Bauer V8 a couple years ago as a one owner from AZ, with around 55,000 miles and no Midwest Rust!! Currently it has around 88,x.. miles, so still a baby...
  13. C

Our Colorado Trip - It Hurts, But Did You Die?

Well, I will wipe off my dust and post, feels like I haven't been on here in forever, wait that's cause I have been crazy busy!!! Awesome pics!!! You guys have me so stoked about my Colorado/Moab trip I'm taking in Sept! I will be in different parts of the State, but either way just awesome!!
  14. C

June 10 - 12 Superlift ORV Park, Arkansas was SMORR EF 20th anniversary run

Moonlight Racing in Sullivan or Flat Nastys in Jadwin, MO are both parks that you will have same level of fun.
  15. C

My brother just picked up Steve's old Ranger, that my buddy Andy bought previously. He plans on attending.
  16. C

2000 4DR 67in Trail Gear Rock sliders installed

I used to have factory steps, that tied into the flares, I removed cause they would have been destroyed long ago. I'm thinking hard about just building a new 1/4 thick t-case skid, pretty easy project other than I have no time for awhile. Tube is 1 & 3/4 DOM 1.20 wall. I think.
  17. C

2000 4DR 67in Trail Gear Rock sliders installed

I have a 00 Explorer 5.0, 1in Body lift, ad a leaf, TT, 265-75-16 BFG KO2 Allterrains, I added factory gas tank skid, RCI front radiator skid, still looking for T-case skid, have done 4406 swap, and now it was time for sliders! I have a welder and no issues with welding them on, I don't have...
  18. C

Kansas rocks November 7th

Was a false alarm. Still baking. :) Been great weather, looking forward to pics and stories.
  19. C

Have fun, get lottsa pics! I think we're heading in tonight for baby... maybe she not sure, so we're going anyway! :) I will join next time.
  20. C

Vacation submitted today for June 9th and 10th. :) Looking forward to this trip!! Will be bringing my Explorer and RZR.
  21. C

Thanks we're excited, i might be able to bring my 1st to Smorr next year..... She loves offroadn
  22. C

I bought some trail gear sliders I'm going to mount and and RCI front skid, but momma has a feeling the baby will come sooner than Nov 28th... so I'm a very low chance.
  23. C

The Black Hole

he brings up a great point.... hmm
Back