Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Help! Tranny or Clutch Problem

Ok...I am happily driving down I-5 and I feel my explorer veer to the left a little bit...not alot almost felt like a gust of wind got me...about 1/2 mile further I feel a wicked shimmy and the explorer begins to shake...I hit the clutch to downshift and as soon as I get it out of OD the stick...
  2. L

Please not my Tranny!!!!

Ok...I am happily driving down I-5 and I feel my explorer veer to the left a little bit...not alot almost felt like a gust of wind got me...about 1/2 mile further I feel a wicked shimmy and the explorer begins to shake...I hit the clutch to downshift and as soon as I get it out of OD the stick...
  3. L

"Choking"...Sputtering

I need help! Lately when I drive, my explorer is "choking" and sputtering...It seems to mostly happen when I am shifting from second to third but can happen in any gear. I already took it to one dealer and the quack tried to charge me over 800 bucks for a new clutch. I tried about a month ago...
  4. L

Linkage/Ripoff?

Thanks...I talked to the creeps boss and they did it for free.
  5. L

Linkage/Ripoff?

Here is my story...I went out last Friday night and when I returned to my explorer my clutch had no pressure or resistance...it was just hanging there. I knew that it could just be the fluid so I went accross the street to a gas station and asked a guy to put fluid in it. That didn't work so...
Back