Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

4.6L P0660 error code - intake manifold tuning valve and rough acceleration

I was getting rough acceleration through 40-50mph. I would hear a single chime but the check engine light was not coming on. (check engine light works as it lights on startup with all the others). No codes stored when checked. When I do a Key on engine off/on I get the P0660 intake manifold...
  2. T

Bearing/rotor like noise but not either???

Thanks - tires look great. Anyway to know if it is the front diff bearings and check them?
  3. T

Bearing/rotor like noise but not either???

I recently replaced both front wheel bearings in my 05 Aviator AWD 4.6L due to a bad LF wheel bearing. I still have a bit of cyclical grinding like sounds when coasting with VERY little feedback in the brakes/steering. Thought it might be the rotors. Checked the rotors/pads and while the...
  4. T

4.6L Died on Interstate - Help w Codes!

It was definitely the fuel pump. Replaced and working fine!
  5. T

New info: borrowed fuel pressure guage from Auto Zone. No fuel pressure at all when I turn the key to the on position and do not hear the pump running. Also - fuse good. Swapped relays - makes no difference. No noise at all when initially turning key on.... Slowly talking myself into the fuel...
  6. T

Was cruising along at about 75mph on the interstate when my 4.6L AWD Aviator started to not keep up to speed and not react to gas pedal. Then started running very rough and then just died. Luckily I was able to get off the road. Both CEL and Check transmission came on. Ran codes after it was...
  7. T

Help! 03 Aviator Window Regulator same as 03 Mountaineer/Explorer?

The Dorman 05 part had only a two pin connector as compared to the 8 pin connector to the motor on my 03. Was able to get one shipped in for $130 from salvage yard. Still beats the $345 OEM part....
  8. T

Thanks - will do. I found the 05 Dorman Aviator part locally. The dimensions were exact but it had only a two pin connector instead of the 8 pin on my 03 Aviator. Cost for Dorman part about $100. Motorcraft replacement is $345! None locally at Salvage yard.
  9. T

Better question - I have found a replacement for an 05 Aviator and some web sites show that the 03-05 were the same parts. Anyone know if that is true??
  10. T

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

I moved my hydraulic jack back just enough on the frame to allow my jack stands to be placed at the diamond where the jack normally goes... Don't know if that is bad but it worked for me.
  11. T

I need to replace the drivers door power window regulator on my 03 Lincoln Aviator but it doesn't show up on part searches at Autozone, etc... The 03 Mountaineer and Explorer show up as a Dorman part number 741-813. Can anyone confirm that the window regulator is the same for the 03 Aviator as...
  12. T

02 Mounty AWD Transmission won't engage ANY gears

Any ideas at all would be appreciated. Even how to get it to engage to get it to a transmission shop to take a look at it.
  13. T

02 Mounty AWD Transmission won't engage ANY gears

My son told me his 02 Mountaineer AWD 4.6V8 w 175K was shifting hard and felt like it was slipping as well. I test drove it and got a very hard shift into reverse and would shift hard from 1-2 at higher RPMs/acceleration and more smoothly when accelerating gradually. No OD or SES lights. On his...
  14. T

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Great post... Just replaced front hubs on 03 Aviator AWD. First thing - 29mm deep socket for the axle nut. 3 hub nuts were a piece of cake compared to the two bolts for my front calipers. Evidently the dealer doesn't know about torque specs just impact wrenches on max..... Below is the link for...
  15. T

Bearing, Rotor, or Caliper???? 03 Aviator AWD

Need some help troubleshooting a cyclical grinding/growling noise on my AWD aviator. Sounds as if it is coming from from the front drivers side. Just replaced rear pads last week. Can be heard best when coasting and it varies as the speed varies. Initially thought - warped rotor but no real...
  16. T

Intermittent ABS light and no cruise control. Thanks (problem solved)!

My ABS light had been coming on intermittently in my 03 Lincoln Aviator. Had someone run the code and there was a pressure differential error code. The shop suggested it could be because I had put new pads on the front while the rear were older (but not worn out) Replaced the rear pads with my...
Back