Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

5.0 Exhaust Thread

my last ex had cats and straight piped with 4 inch tips 45'd out and i got many complements, miss the sound myself but still wanted it a little louder.
  2. G

5.0 Exhaust Thread

may have read over it, anyone got the rear cat out and straight piped from there? thinking of doing this myself, would love to hear a sound!
  3. G

What do you guys think?

going to check out an explorer tomorrow? http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/2968448458.html going to take the little pretty rims off, and do a body lift and tt lift with it if i get it, think its a good deal? also if anyones willing to trade some mud tires and rims for these...
  4. G

Please help!!

i regret so muchselling my exploder but i needed money, i want it back, if anyone ses good deals or ppl willing to trade a very nice 1995 lifted grand cheroke let me know, i miss explorer forum!!!!!! heres my jeep...
  5. G

Dropping in the DIS shaft?

So know one can help me with this. I searched a lot on here last night and I still can't find anyting about dropping in the DIS shaft. Anyone??
  6. G

Dropping in the DIS shaft?

Okay have yet to fool with a DIS and got a question. Okay I'm used to pulling number one up and dropping in the distributor a certain way (pointing at number 1) so how do I install this DIS shaft thingy. is it just drop and go or is there a special way to do it. I know I probably could have...
  7. G

timing chain on a v6

Thinking about buying a 2002 v6 explorer. Timing chain is broken. Is this a non interference engine or should I be worried about bent valves?
  8. G

one more quick question! steering issues!

Does not have adapter. Kit didn't come with it. Can you buy them separately?
  9. G

one more quick question! steering issues!

After installing the body lift I noticed a popping noise coming from my steering wheel when I turned the wheel, also the steering has lots of play and seems to jerk when I turn. Really trying to get my sploder running right cause there's no point in it looking as good as it does if it rides like...
  10. G

one more quick question! steering wheel noise!

After installing the body lift I noticed a popping noise coming from my steering wheel when I turned the wheel, also the steering has lots of play and seems to jerk when I turn. Really trying to get my sploder running right cause there's no point in it looking as good as it does if it rides like...
  11. G

911! tires bowed out!

Can uppers cause the bowing out problem? How much are they
  12. G

911! tires bowed out!

Recently we have replaced the rack an pinion and lower ball joints. The uppers looked fine. But my tires are bowed out still. It has a torsion twist and body lift, 33x12.50 mickey thompson baja claws. If you look at it from the front it looks like a vw bug from the backside. Any answers would be...
  13. G

Spindles!

Replacing spindles in a 1997 AWD ford explorer what is the reason i cant go ahead and throw a spindle lift on a awd are they strictly just for 2wd? Kind regards, Gerald
  14. G

The new ride.

Oh def. i been trying think of a good secondary color for the red. for performance lighting, differential covers etc.... Maybe white? i am an alabama fan so maybe that would look good
  15. G

The new ride.

its the maroon colored explorer with the tan colored interior, paint code FL. did they keep this paint code in the 98 up explorers dont wanna have to get it painted
  16. G

The new ride.

Just got a 1997 AWD V8 Explorer XLT 4DR. Paid 800 forit with a bad tranny found a tranny for 200 and just got that in, been driving since friday. Hers my ideas. Def going to do the TT and Shackles and body lift. I wanna do a SOA in the back but wanna find the cheapest route possible with lifting...
  17. G

Transmisssion question which one do I have.

oh yeah I know which one is in the v8 explorer. I'm trying to figure out which one I have as an extra one now. will the v6 tranny fit both the 4.0 and the 4.0 SOHC or are they different. Just out of curiosity are the 4.0's the same engine with just different longblock parts? Are the 4.0's...
  18. G

Transmisssion question which one do I have.

We just bought a 97 V8 awd that had a bad tranny and was supposedly getting a replacement tranny the guy had bought to fix. Well we got there and made the deal in the dark and I failed to look closely. I didn't noticed the bellhousing on the replacement tranny was small looking but it was...
  19. G

For Sale 95-01 Explorer Projector Housings For Sale!!

crazy i sold you that! i just got another slpoder v8 awd with a bad trans regretting i sold that lol. in the midst of putting a used i just got in now. shipping to 36854?
  20. G

Transmission problem!

also seems as if the shaft that hangs out the end that goes into the TC wiggles a lil more than should!
  21. G

Transmission problem!

Where does the tester hook up to? also it was pulled onto the tow truck in gear, what problems could that have caused. where can i get a tester?
  22. G

Transmission problem!

The guy i bought it fromsaid he thought it was a transfer case. Story says he ran out of gas and it was towed and ever since then it hasnt ran. we put a new transwer case and its having the above symptoms. if buying a new trans can be avoided id love that. Problem is im only nineteen and the...
  23. G

Transmission problem!

My new explorer which is a 1997 v8 awd, when in any gear except drive it runs, when put in droveit goes in gear but will not move, it workdsin low and every other gear includin reverse, could this be a possible main shaft broken? this is my fourth explorer and this has never occured, this is my...
Back