Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

hot drivers side ac and high idle

Yes thats when it does it. It is a normal idle then revvs a little high for about a second than goes back to normal idle for about 2 seconds. It just repeats the process. No extra loads no higher temps. everything seems normal except for the higher engine idle for a second.
  2. R

...? I don't think its manual. it just the 3 knobs that you turn. Its not a digital degree or anything.
  3. R

07 x 58k miles, Lately the engine has been revving intermittently during idle. It will idle at 1250rpm then jump to 1750rpm for only 2 seconds then go back to 1250rpm for about 5 seconds then back to revving. this only happens when the air conditioning is on. Also the drivers side AC is not...
  4. R

Tires need help

yea the big issue is that the tires were not round? The tire was round but when they put the tread on the tread was "wobbly" like moving side to side. This caused them to use 8oz per tire. But i never noticed it on or off road.
  5. R

'08 Body lift issues

There are no issues with the shifter. at least when I did mine there weren't any. you have to modify the steering extension the front bumper everything goes in "easy" you need two people to do the job as the pucks that hold the body mounts spin and you need to get leverage on them. Ive done...
  6. R

Wheel spacers

Yea Im heading off to work right now, (retail) so ill be able to get pics to you in a day or so. Yea the 06 and 07 have the same bolt pattern. 5x114.3 so they will go right on no prob.
  7. R

Wheel spacers

I believe I got mine for 150. I can either ship them to you for 90 or hand deliver to your brother for 80. I live like 5 minutes from FGCU
  8. R

Hid conversion kits

keep us updated on the writeup, I would like to do this a little more budget friendly and safely for other drivers
  9. R

Need immediate help on 07 mountaineer body lift!!

Did the kit you purchased have the steering extension on it? That is something that is needed. You need to slightly modify it to fit but that piece is absolutely necessary.
  10. R

Wheel spacers

I have a set of aluminum 2" spacers I had on my X. I took them off my truck because I am lowering it but pm me if you would like them. I loved them when I had them on
  11. R

Fender flare question

what are you plans? some new wide fiberglass fenders perhaps??
  12. R

NEED HELP! With truxxx install

it doesn't look goofy actually. Tires a touch small but not bad. Cant wait to see with the tires on!
  13. R

post pictures now so we can see if it looks goofy before tires!!!
  14. R

Tires need help

That's my truck!!!!! 32" guard dogs. They were good. Almost shot at about 2.5 years. But I also drive it like a car than a lifted truck so I know I put more wear on them. . .
  15. R

I also loosened my lower control arm where it meets with the center of the truck. Helps a little with clearance, lets the arm drop to the floor so you can get the strut with the lift back on. Air tools help a lot. I know you can do the job without but if u have them why not use them.
  16. R

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

hopefully its sooner than a couple weeks sploder. Well pm me on the price again and ill see if I cant get it to ya a bit sooner. I need to see those pics!!!!!
  17. R

Lowering kit? which one lowers the most???

I also am interested in any camber issues
  18. R

Coils 3rd gen to 4th yes or no

yea there is no way im paying 600+ For drop springs. Id rather cut up the strut or spring before that. That's one month of daycare... n unfortunately that takes precedence....But im beginning to call around to some places.
  19. R

Coils 3rd gen to 4th yes or no

alright, if the answer is out there sorry, however after a couple days of research and lurking I cant find the right answer. So a definite yes or no would be great. Are the coils on the 3rd gen the same as the 4th?
  20. R

Need Help Lifting 2007 explorer

I had truxx and a custom body lift. You can also talk to stepj and ronin. We all did the body lifts and truxxx. Ronin did something a little more custom for the front of his. But it depends what you wanna do. If just a few inches I would do truxxx and get BTF upper control arms. total is...
  21. R

Suspension question

there isnt much. I have tried to see if the struts on the 4th gen x are the same as the 3rd gen x(05) but not many people will comment. Also I am thinking about just cutting some spring. there is a guy on here that cut 1/2 coil from all struts and got a 3/4" drop in front and 1/2 in back...
  22. R

4th gen body lift is installed!!!!!!!

Thank you I appreciate it. It was a lot of hard work but I love working on the x. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. lol. Well tomorrow down he goes a little. still keeping the32's until they wear out.
  23. R

Rear suspension to weak

airbagit.com Call their customer service line they have air bag struts that you can use. Either3" drop level or raise. They make them to fit the X's. Called about a year ago to custom drop my x but decided aginst it since i didnt have the cash at the time. You will re-use the top strut mount and...
  24. R

1" lift on 32's?

Yea I figured once the tires go bald Ill be putting back on my rims. Since Ill have the struts out (truxxx lift coming off on thursday)I figured to do everything at once and not have to take them back out to lower the x. Yea ronin the wheel spacers will deff have to come off. They rubbed...
Back