1. VintageUpgrades

What is this part? '01 Explorer Sport Master Cylinder Repair

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-260-3279
  2. VintageUpgrades

What is this part? '01 Explorer Sport Master Cylinder Repair

Do you have rear drums? Looks like a residual valve. Mitch
  3. VintageUpgrades

91-94 Bumper Guard Plans?????

I have one made by Hooker on my truck. I can make some templates from the sides for you. Mitch
  4. VintageUpgrades

2002 Explorer Project-Craigslist

Interesting build for someone. Might need a bit of work. http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/3262525057.html
  5. VintageUpgrades

Rebuilt trans feels weak.

Mine has the same problem if I put the shifter into OD. If I put it into 1, 2, or D, 1st gear is fine. I don't have time to figure it out and I am not going to rebuilt it again.
  6. VintageUpgrades

Wanted Interior Pull Handles for 1st Gen XL

If you still have a pull in one piece, trace it onto a piece of 3/4" plywood, cut it and cover it. I made mine 10 years ago and they work great.
  7. VintageUpgrades

Frame Differences?

I am about to start a new project on my Ex. I am going to build a 2WD V8 and have several 4 door trucks to pick from (some better than others). Is there a difference between the frames on a 2WD and 4WD or a 4.0 and 5.0? On the 4WD, is it just the spindles that are different? Thank you. Mitch.
  8. VintageUpgrades

94 Rear-ended by commercial flatbed

Glad you are OK. Being the original owner of my 93, I would be heartbroken to have it totaled in a minor wreck. At the same time, I would like an F250. Could you post a photo of your dash? I am curious as I have never seen a gen 2 dash in a gen 1 from Ford. Mitch
  9. VintageUpgrades

My 1992 Explorer has a sticking accelerator pedal.

I just had a similar problem with my 93. The throttle stuck under WOT and the response wasn't what it used to be. The WOT problem turned out to be the gasket from the intake tube to the throttle body. The inner part of the gasket was torn and being sucked into the throttle body and holding the...
  10. VintageUpgrades

No low end power when hot

I tried to pull codes, hoping I would find something. Nope, all clear. It was cool this afternoon after a rainstorm. The truck was fine all the way home. The trans never got over 150deg. Coolant temp was normal 180deg. I am wondering if type F would do any good.
  11. VintageUpgrades

No low end power when hot

I have a 93 2wd that seems to loose low end power at operating temp (coolant and trans 180deg). When it is cold, no problems; when hot, it is like starting out in 2nd gear. Towing is even worse. Once in 2nd, everything is fine. Original engine with 145k. Had trans rebuilt with new converter 8k...
  12. VintageUpgrades

1st gens with two tone paint jobs?

Thanks Bob. I'm not used to this board. Love the Bender avatar!
  13. VintageUpgrades

1st gens with two tone paint jobs?

I have a copper and white XL.
  14. VintageUpgrades

New to forum near Houston

Greetings all. I am new to the forum, but old to the Explorer. I have a 93 XL 4 door, 2wd, automatic, 130k miles, 2nd transmission. I bought it new. The paint is white and copper with orange flames. Interior is stock tan with manual windows. 17" Shelby wheels with Michelin 265/65-17 tires. Black...
Back