Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

96 ranger 302 swap

geninject, I got your message. I used the L&L mounts, AA transfer case adapter and mustang double sump pan. My truck also has a body lift which helped out greatly with engine and 4R70W clearance. I only have about 1/2 inch between the oil pan and crossmember. What are your problems?
  2. R

what does your explorer temp run at?

You might want to test/replace the thermostat. It sounds like it's stuck open if the temperature isn't hot enough. You should get 190F or so at the ECT.
  3. R

Since i'm new...

http://flatratetech.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi
  4. R

A little stuck.

:D The place you describe in your paragraph sounds cool. I've never wheeled there but it sure sounds nice.
  5. R

Teens or Old people

Evil X is your shift key broken? :D J/k. Just about every day I get behind a senior driver going 35mph in a 55 zone. You can't get around because it is a no passing road. :fire: When I'm on my motorcycle they don't see me. There is a T intersection and almost 50% of the time they...
  6. R

How to: Converting an R-12 Air Conditioner to use R-134a

Around here some people drive south of the border into Mexico where R12 is inexpensive. Are there any countries near you where you could get the work done cheaper? Going south for some surfing, lobster and R12 makes a pretty good weekend. :thumbsup:
  7. R

A/C Clim?????

In addition you should replace the accumulator, fixed orfice tube, clutch, pulley, and install a filter on the system. :thumbsup:
  8. R

Maybe start?

Cranks but won't start?
  9. R

speeometer/gauge troubles

You are correct, your speedometer/odo is most likely bad.
  10. R

Dash wiring problem.. need help...

I would stick with the old wiring. Did you add any new features to your truck that would require the new wire harness?
  11. R

trans trouble

Don't pull stumps with a 4R55E :D I'ts best to scan the PCM and see wha't up.
  12. R

In my experience, putting a 96 Explorer 5.0 into a 96 ranger and helping a friend with a 01 SOHC 4.0 into a 96 ranger, I can tell you that swapping different year or model wire harnesses leads to trouble. The thing here is to get out the EVTMs for each vehicle and work circut by circut...
  13. R

Fuel pump?

Yes, a pump can still "work" but not provide the correct flow/pressure.
  14. R

Why did you replace the wiring? Some basic advice would be to use your old wiring harness and modules, switches, etc. Add circuts to the old harness instead of using the new harness.
  15. R

Completed first pan drop and tranny flush!!! But have another question

Sorry I was thinking aode style filter. I have seen these where the car leaves the shop and runs fine for a week or so before the customer notices any problems. I can't say for sure your trans.
  16. R

Window motor? something else?

Here is the quick test for a window faulty window motor... Turn key to the on position (engine off) Open any door so interior lights come on. Press the window switch on the window that isn't working. If you have a bad motor the interior lights will dim and the window wont move. It...
  17. R

Completed first pan drop and tranny flush!!! But have another question

There is one seal on the filter. You might not notice a problem right away.
  18. R

Serpentine Tensioner

My new 5.0 tensionser has some side to side movement. I think it's ok.
  19. R

Power Antenna removal??

IIRC, the motor is controlled by a timer. It runs for a preset amount of time.
  20. R

Leafs or coils up front

I don't have any parts yet. Still dreaming about a solid axle front end. Maybe next year if i'm lucky.
  21. R

Leafs or coils up front

Save up and do the coils. Then you can help me with mine.:D
  22. R

Replaced Starter & Bad Connections

Check for voltage on the switched side of the fender relay and on the 12v post on the starter (big wire) Use Motorcraft starter relays, not el cheapo aftermarket ones.
  23. R

Which tranny ????

The 700 is a GM tranny. You will need an adaptor. A ranger trans will work as long as it's for a 4x4. You would want one from a 4.0 ranger. Pedal, hydro line will all be an easy bolt up job. Switching trans styles is pretty easy. You will need a different steering column, shifter, gear...
  24. R

passanger high beam out?

bad connection, relay somewhere? A fun repair w/o a shop manual.
Back