Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

My dads 300,000 mile explorer. Timing Chain?

Those are links to videos guys. And I thought that sound was the chain hitting the tensioner. If the tensioner fails completely then the chain will skip teeth? I do believe we are going to buy a new car, and keep the explorer for back up. Its been a great car!
  2. T

My dads 300,000 mile explorer. Timing Chain?

yes this thing really has 297,689 miles! Everything is all original. New water pump radiator and intake. Other than that it's all original. Starting making this noise about 6 months ago, but recently it has gotten to this point. My dad drives 4000-4500 miles a month. He is very easy on his car...
  3. T

Spindle, Shocks & Shackle lift (pics) on V8 Explorer

No superlift makes a kit for 4wd I am not sure how it works though, never looked into it I think it uses drop brackets. There is a sticky in the modified 2 nd gen section that has tons of information.
  4. T

No one makes a lift spindle for awd. Your options are body lift, torsion twist, or a superlift. Do a little search you'll find plenty of info
  5. T

I've got some new fabtech lift spindles 450 or best offer. Let me know
  6. T

explorer or xj?

if you're gonna get a jeep, don't get an xj, thats like a waste of money.
  7. T

got any pictures of the final product? What lift kit is that? This is exactly what I am planning on doing. I tried on Saturday but I live in a condo and my neighbors threatened to call the cops if I kept grinding the steering stop off :( LOL Those are 33's right? I am surprised they don't rub...
  8. T

Installing my lift spindles tomorrow; pickle forks?

I've never been able to use a pickle fork without damageing the boot, which was always okay because I was replacing the balljoints. I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to get the top off easily, but will need some sort of aid with the bottom, can I use a two claw pusher? And if I have to use...
  9. T

Installing my lift spindles tomorrow; pickle forks?

Hey guys I'm intalling my lift tomorrow and wondering if I need pickle forks to break loose the balljoints? I didn't need them when I replaced my dads upper control arm so I'm just wondering. Thanks.
  10. T

Prerunner/weekend toy Explorer

WTF?!?! thats insane! Good work man!
  11. T

Chains or knock?

How much do these SOHC engines usually run for on craigslist? Lol
  12. T

Chains or knock?

yea I checked it, not play at all. I am thinking its a valve issue, I heard it pretty good echoing off a wall yesterday at about 3000 rpms with a pretty decent load on the motor. I am going to get a stethoscope and listen more closely. When I bought the car it did not make this noise, but did...
  13. T

which parts are not supposed to be covered by rust protector

yea I wouldn't paint over anything that you can remove, i.e. fuel lines, bolts, nuts, clips, connectors, stuff of that nature. for 80 bucks I would take it in, that seems like a good deal to me, thats just me tho. There are certain things I don't want to spend my sunday doing, and painting about...
  14. T

Chains or knock?

Good deal man, glad I could point you in the right direction. My dads did that as well but I just replaced the tensioner not the belt. Come to think of it it's prolly time for a new belt for him Well I am leanin towards something stupid like a loose heatshield or the flex plate hitting the motor...
  15. T

Chains or knock?

So I threw in a bottle of Lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer and the noise has stop so far, will het back when it's hotter today. What does that mean? That the stabilizer got rid of the noise? Upper valve issue or bad bearings and the thicker oil is just quieting the noise?
  16. T

33x12.5 on 15x10 rim - backspacing, offset question

By the way good point. When you increase the turning radius (wider wheels) you change the king pin angle, which not only causes a harsher ride, but also with put more wear and tear on your components, however it will be easier to turn the wheel :P
  17. T

33x12.5 on 15x10 rim - backspacing, offset question

They don't make the wheel with 3.75 backspacing. It's 4 or bigger. So I believe you'll need wheel spacers to run them. I have 15x8 4.00 and -19 offset (I think) and the inside of the wheel is in the same spot as factory. I don't quite know how that worked but it did. I'm throwing on some...
  18. T

A look at this leak, please

It just depends on the size of the leak, if it's not leaking that bad you could probably drive on it. From what I see I would get it fixed sooner rather than later. Another thing I thought of, it could be coolant leaking from up top and dripping on your diff, but it's hard to tell. I don't...
  19. T

Chains or knock?

I would fix it now but the only day off I get is Sunday :(
  20. T

Chains or knock?

Nahh I don't owe you the beer:P I was talking about th guys car who rattles with the ac. Well I say eff it to my car and I'll run it till it dies :)
  21. T

Chains or knock?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C6c-wF9BiE&feature=related this is kind of what mine sounds like, only not this bad. I know its not the same engine, but you get the picture
  22. T

Chains or knock?

yea that sounds like a valve
  23. T

Chains or knock?

See if those links work
Back