Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

sticking gauges

my saleen did the same thing. what i found was the needle was pushed in too far. when i had it apart, i could easily move the needle with my finger. but for some reason it still stuck when i put it back together. so i took it apart again and backed the needle off the pin(maybe 1/16 in.) and it...
  2. 1

Here's my truck

saleenxp8- that's a nice truck man. but just to let you know, i too have that exact picture hanging on my wall. the truck in the picture has 01 on the front bumper. i am sure that your truck has 12 on the bumper. your truck might look exactly like the picture, but i don't think it is the same...
  3. 1

what do you think about these pedals?

tommy98016- check your mail-i left you a message yeah one of my rims have a chip by the lug also. but mine was a human error. when i had new tires put on the truck, the stupid high school punk that worked at the tire shop used an impact gun to put the lug nut on. but the impact gun...
  4. 1

i did at one point have another set of pedals but i sold them to a guy that had a xp8 without pedals also. there is a guy on ebay whose user name is sd-stallion and he has had many sets of pedals but they are bronze in color. you might want to email him and see if he has some sets left over...
  5. 1

tommy98016- saleen did make pedals for the automatic explorer. i have a set on my xp8. they do not make them or carry them anymore.
  6. 1

Here's my truck

welcome to the saleen club bud. is this an everyday driver? if so don't get into an serious accident with it. replacement parts are near impossible to get. every now and then there will be parts on ebay but you might as well bend over because they are EXPENSIVE!
  7. 1

SALEEN WHEELS ????

frank- were the saleen wheels you used to have magnesium? or were they just painted gray ones like the ones in the picture. i have a xp8 with magnesium rims(look just like the gray painted ones) and was told by saleen that these rims are ok. now the painted(older) aluminum rims had problems...
  8. 1

CARBON FIBER - please help !

yeah but you know what- the real carbon fiber kits that truckperformance are flat kits. i don't know anybody that actually sells real molded carbon fiber kits. all the ones i have seen are custom made. there are companies that make molded carbon kits, but they are not real carbon fiber. it is a...
  9. 1

CARBON FIBER - please help !

go to www.pfracing.com. they make all kinds of parts for the saleen mustang. i emailed them a while ago for carbon fiber pieces for my xp8. but just to let you know, they are EXPENSIVE! i was going to have the radio bezel and armrests done in real carbon fiber. but he wanted $1100 to do it(over...
  10. 1

Saleen XP8 Woes. Do Not Buy a Saleen!

hey guys, i just read your posts. i too have a xp8. i spoke to the warrenty dept. at saleen today. they told me that they did have problems with some of the rims on the explorer. they told me that for a while thay had a few types of rims available. they had aluminum, chrome and magnesium. the...
  11. 1

PRNDD2D3

yeah man- my xp8 is awesome. one of the best things i ever bought. i get so many looks when i am driving it around town. also there are people that never knew saleen made explorers. hey saleenEXP, my 18 inch rims ride fine. i did also here about the ride being rougher. yes of course it rides...
  12. 1

PRNDD2D3

boy that is funny??? i also have a 99 xp8 and mine does the same damn thing. i don't know if anything is broken though. you said that yours shows it is in "R", but mine is actually the other way. my shifter shows it between the "D" and the "2". strange?? hey by any chance, does your...
  13. 1

thermostat problems- please help asap-URGENT

thanks for the reply jason25. but what you described is for a v-6 engine. i have a v-8. the t-stat housing and gasket are totally different.i also have a v-6 explorer and changed out the thermostat. that was a piece of cake. thanks anyways.
  14. 1

thermostat problems- please help asap-URGENT

I HAVE A 1999 V-8 EXPLORER. TODAY I INSTALLED A NEW THERMOSTAT. I AM HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING THE THERMOSTAT TO SEAT RIGHT. I KNOW I HAVE THE RIGHT ONE. EVERYTIME I THINK I GOT IT, THE DAMN THING LEAKS WHEN I FILL IT!! DO YOU GUYS KNOW IF THE GASKET IS SUPPOSED TO GO BETWEEN THE HOUSING AND THE...
  15. 1

Thinking about a carbon fiber dash kit?

well i can assure you this- if you are getting a molded carbon fiber kit from exotic wood dash, it is not real. i don't know if you want real carbon fiber or not. i am just warning you! i know this because i had one and i waited almost 3 months for the damn thing, only to get it and be fake. boy...
  16. 1

Finding Seat covers that fit!!

there is actually a very nice set on ebay right now. they might work out for you
  17. 1

XP8 Wing.....Want one???????

i am from a suburb of chicago.
  18. 1

XP8 Wing.....Want one???????

well guys here is the deal. i have a saleen wing that i bought about 5 months ago from saleen. i have not put it on the truck yet. in the meantime, i have purchased a saleen xp8 and no longer need the saleen wing. the wing is completely untouched and unpainted. i will put it on ebay as soon as i...
  19. 1

would pay $200 for video of this race

expo5.0, yeah my saleen explorer is the stock one. it is not supercharged.there is no way to tell from the outside if it is supercharged or not. i have heard that the powerdyne supercharger that they put in the truck is very loud and has alot of whine. so the only way you could tell is by the...
  20. 1

would pay $200 for video of this race

yeah- nice job man. but are you sure that it was an xp8? i know they also made an xp6 which is the sohc motor.everything else looks the same on the truck.
  21. 1

Saleen Explorer XP8

i will tell you what 94tanxlt.i now own the saleen explorer that was for sale in new jersey.it is a xp8 and is truck number 17. it may be too late, but i do know where another 2000 saleen explorer is for sale. it is right near my house. this truck is in awesome shape. i mean there is not a...
Back