Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

computer screen as tv?

I've got a setup like this for when I go tailgaiting. I connect my pioneer headunit to the converter then the converter to a 24ich flat panel, works really good. Here's what the converter looks like: http://www.svideo.com/video2vga.html ~k
  2. K

Brush guard compatability question

A guy I know ordered mine, I don't know what the part number is, The company that made it is called Polar Bear. The first one he ordered was for the sports with tow hooks, mine didn't have em so he had to order the proper adapters. Make sure you take that into advisment. They are very easy to...
  3. K

Factory seat cover install, instructions??

Hi everyone, I've puchased some oem leather seat covers to replace my cloth and i was wondering if anyone has come across some instructions on how to install factory seat covers? mainly I need to know how to remove the headrests. Thanks, K
  4. K

Rear window wipers not working

My 02 did the same, and I read some posts on here about the same problem. The general solution was to slam the back door a few times and see what happens. It worked for me:)
  5. K

Riddle Me This???

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions. I think it was a idea spawned from to much bordem:) I did find an article where a guy did take the screen of a laptop and converted it into an extra monitor. He basically built his own circuit board to handle the digital to analog convertion needed...
  6. K

Riddle Me This???

I have a Laptop that has a 15ich LCD screen in it. But, no longer use the laptop so I was wondering if it would be possible to separate the screen from the PC components and turn it into a overhead screen in my X. I don't really know how I would go about adding a RCA connection to the Screen...
  7. K

New '01 sport... black

Welcome to the wonderfull world of Black Explorer Sports! I love mine, not as tricked as BM's but it's my baby:) Peace
  8. K

Paint on my 02 sport is coming up?

The hood on my 02 sport did the exact same thing. It took a little fussing, just because I was dealing with a crappy dealership, but they did repaint it for me. Push to get it repainted, cause it will get worse. Before they repainted my hood, it started to crack and chip off! Good luck!!!
  9. K

Having someone Install a Add-a-Leaf?

I just called one of the local dealerships around here and they will install it for 145, I guess I just needed to shop around. Also, This is a better solution that just adding helper springs right??
  10. K

Now that sounds more like it. Did you have your shackles installed at the same time? or did you do that yourself?
  11. K

I bought a Pro Com add-a-leaf but don't have the courage or the tools to install them. Any ideas on who I can get to install these and price wise. There is a local custom shop that will do it for 240 bucks, like 4 hours of labor is how they calculated it. and they would need a press...
  12. K

HELP!?! With a Seatbelt

Ok, the good news is I found a way to unlock the belt. I found this out on the passenger side belt. Now the bad news is I found this out way to late because in my frustration I dropped the driver side belt assembly breaking the plastic cover rendering the belt useless. But, basically...
  13. K

HELP!?! With a Seatbelt

yeah, I don't want to really start tearing it apart. I might just take a ride to the dealership tomorrow. I'm sure they will be happy "charge" I mean help me:)
  14. K

HELP!?! With a Seatbelt

Well, this is what it looks like, as you can see I completely removed it. Not that hard, nor is anything else when your taking it apart. This hard part is putting back together:) Maybe this will help?? http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/99/99418/folders/55456/986636DCP0006.JPG
  15. K

HELP!?! With a Seatbelt

Yeah, it's all jammed up pretty good. I can roll it in about a half an inch and that's what I get back. Other than that no slack at all:(
  16. K

HELP!?! With a Seatbelt

I took my interior paneling off to install Dynamat and now I am at the point were I am going to put the panel back on but the seatbelt will not unroll. I can't get the panel on cause theres not enough slack in the belt and the belt won't budge!!?? Does anyone know how I can get the belt to...
  17. K

Replacing 50/50 seats with 60/40?

Thanks for your responses. Well, the reason I wanted to know is alittle bit overboard. I saw a seat cover set on Ebay with the 2 tone black and gray. I have been wanted to purchase that color set for awhile but it's for a sporttrac which has the 60/40...
  18. K

Replacing 50/50 seats with 60/40?

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if it would be an easy transfer to take out the 50/50 rear seats in my 2002 Sport and replace them with 60/40 rear seats? Any Ideas or experience with this is greatly appreciated! Thanks,
  19. K

Stealthbox for 2002+ Explorers?

Due to recent events I might be upgrading my sport to a 4door and I want to keep the stealthbox design in the new truck. Does anyone know if they make one for the 2002 plus models?? Thanks!
  20. K

Dealing with the Dealership, Help!

You better cover that thing in rabbits feet and any other good luck charm you can get your hands on!!! The sales people are ok and they have a great selection, but you can forget the service department. Consider it a waste of office space!
  21. K

Thanks for the input guys. I just got back from Pulliam (bashes name at all costs now) and the day went as such... Got there at 9:30am to meet with the service manager and the customer rep. Customer rep was not there and was wouldn't be there til 10:30. So, I proceeded to talk to the...
  22. K

Here is the a pic of the seat. Enjoy!
  23. K

Sorry for the double post
  24. K

Sorry about the pics. I didn't have time to take any. I did take it by the other dealership and they said that it was messed up and that after my meeting the the original dealership, it was not fixed they would. They said that the whole adjustment device was damaged and needed to be replaced...
  25. K

Since I have had my 2002 Sport, I have had nothing but trouble with the driver seat. The main problem that I had was a crack in the frame of the chair, which was "fixed". Ever since then, the back of the chair does not line up with the bottom. It's like crooked by an angle of about an inch...
Back