Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Rear seat stuck

The cable is running under the leather, so you wouldn't be able to see it unless you exactly where to look. There is a cable on each side of the seat to release the locks. You might need at little help to take the seat out of the car, which makes everything a little more easy to work...
  2. M

Still fighting with new head unit. FAst answers needed.

No subwoofer, and not the JBL system. I've got a cassette player in the front and some rear seat controls and an amp, somwhere where I haven't found it yet
  3. M

Still fighting with new head unit. FAst answers needed.

Have been fighting all day with my new aftermarket HU, and isn't half finished yet. I have the Premium system with an amp (somewhere I can't find). Which setup should I go for: 1) Speaker cables connected via wire harness to the amp + some power to the amp. => double power and horrible...
  4. M

New radio - No Sound

Thank you so much. It's very kind of you putting that much effort in answering my question. I'll go and try that.
  5. M

New radio - No Sound

Just got myself one of these chinese DVD - TV - GPS radio systems for my 1995 explorer XLT. I dont know which music system the car was factory built with. The head unit is called F57F-19B165-AE (no cd only cassette) and I have got the rear seat controls on the back of the center console. I...
  6. M

'95 single din installation with Scosche Dash kit

So what you're saying is that the radio actually is well fastened without?
  7. M

'95 single din installation with Scosche Dash kit

Help needed from someone, with experinece installing single dins in a 2nd gen explorer. I've bought the Schosche FD1327b dash kit for my new radio, but have a little trouble finding out how to do the right install (Even though it seems pretty much straight forward...) In the kit I have this...
  8. M

Help I can't remove my broken antenna on my '95 explorer

But I can turn the whole base around 360 degrees, and move it up and down about 1", so I don't think there are any more bolts to ged rid of, it is more like I have to disassemple the base into two parts, I think... Is this at all needed for changing the antenna? or can I just put on somekind...
  9. M

Help I can't remove my broken antenna on my '95 explorer

I'll try to describe what I have tried until now. Advise needed! First I remove the plastic cover on around the middle of the antenna. 3 torx screws appears. I took out the 3 screws and finds out that I can only move what is left of my antenna a little from side to side. Around the antenna...
  10. M

Rear seat stuck

Dix fix it yesterday and took me less than a hour. I removed the whole rear seat (both seats). 4 bolts for the 4 "legs" in the front of the seats. 2 bolts in each side (also holding the seatbelts) and 2 bolts between the two seats. Took the whole seat out of the car and took of the handles...
  11. M

Rear seat stuck

Well that is good news at least. Got my self a project for the weekend now :-)
  12. M

Rear seat stuck

Thanks That is useful info. I can see that there is two wires running through the seat and I never use the seat recline, so I think I'll go for the same model. Even though I hate the fact that I haev to take my seat out to do it.
  13. M

Rear seat stuck

Isn't there just anyone who can at least tell me how this works, so I can try to do something?
  14. M

Rear seat stuck

Help! I can't fold down my rear right seat (the double one) in my '95 explorer xlt. When I push down the handle it releases the seat in right side, but is still locked in the left side (between the left single seat and the double seat). I guess there is somekind of cable, which should release...
  15. M

Upgrading my XLT '96

I have just got this CLT '96 and hoped to find either an Eddie Bauer or a Limited, but I ended up with this one and is until now pretty satisfied eventhough i prefer as many "gadgets" as possible. Until now I have thought about upgrading 3 diffenrent things is possible. First of all I need...
  16. M

NEW '95 XLT owner - and a lot of questions :-)

Hi It is very cool to find a forum with this manu threads an so many great comments. I'm looking forward to use this in the future. So of my issues have allready been sorted out, others might be if I could just find similar at this site, but there is so many threads... From the drivers...
Back