Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Can't get off EGR collar -- 2000 5.0

Anyone have any tricks for getting this thing off? Have sprayed it for a few weeks with PB and no luck. I can only get adjustables on them because I have no idea what size they are.. or which collar goes which way :thumbdwn: Trying to get the head gasket done, and this is holding me up!
  2. Z

Car Hauling with a LIFTED explorer?

The hitch was a craigslist find -- not sure on brand or class. It's a 2" receiver, and mounts with 6 (total) bolts.
  3. Z

Car Hauling with a LIFTED explorer?

Has anyone hauled another vehicle with their LIFTED explorer? I have a 00 EB 5.0 AWD with the typical TT/Shackle + 3" body. I was wondering what this does for the vehicles max tow recomendations. I have removed the air shock system, and have contemplated an add-a-leaf, or even a heavier pack...
  4. Z

Towing with my Explorer -- Shocks?

Hey guys -- it's been awhile, but I'm resurrecting the explorer, and I need your help! I plan to tow a Jeep Cherokee (XJ, 3300lb Curb weight). My explorer is a 2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0. The ex is lifted TT/Shackle and 3" Body and is also equipped with the Air ride suspension. My mechanic...
  5. Z

making the rig of my dreams need help

I thought full time 4x4 explorers could NOT do the brown wire mod? (AWD) I have a 2000 with the 5.0 and I was told not to do this mod?
  6. Z

Water ingestion -- running rough, help!

Just got the code read, has a misfiring cylinder... Anyone have any ideas
  7. Z

Water ingestion -- running rough, help!

After my little accident at the pond, my truck has been running rough. At first, it struggled to start and ran sluggish but smooth, now at low RPM in any gear it shudders and runs rough. When I pop the hood, I can watch the engine jump around. The when I stand at the exhuast, it has an odd...
  8. Z

Sank Explorer, Locks don't work -- What to do?

So, I went out for one last blast before I put the saddle back on my explorer (put the sway bars back in) and decided to go for a crossing I usually never go for. This was the result : Disregard my meat-head friend. It took a 6,000 pound truck hooked to a XJ hooked to a XJ to get it out...
  9. Z

Engine noise? What do you think? **Video**

She was running great for awhile while it was out of the mud, but once I got new tires, I went right back in. Theres two different noise I'm getting. The one that started first is definately something to do with the fan. It has the "School Bus" wind up, and it stays going for a few seconds...
  10. Z

Aussie Lockers question

Junkyard wants 350$ for Front and rear axles. "4.10 off of a 1999 explorer" Does this sound right?
  11. Z

Aussie Lockers question

I have the 3.73 gears now and a member suggested going to a junkyard, finding V6 explorer axles with open differential (4.10 gears) installing an Aussie onto the rear axle and completely swapping the axles. This would give me a rear locker as well as a re-gear for ~500 if I do it myself...
  12. Z

Aussie Lockers question

I wouldn't even know what to look for if I went to a junkyard :(
  13. Z

Aussie Lockers question

I have a 2000 Explorer with the 8.8 rear end. It's axle code is D4 -- Which means it has the Limited slip differential. I went to aussie locker's website and theres a disclaimer at the bottom that reads: "The Aussie Locker is designed to be installed in an open carrier. If you have a...
  14. Z

Need shocks for my Explorer -- Help!

I have had the switch off for monthes, when I tow my jetski and am fully loaded there is minimal sag. I'll also be doing aal soon. The only thing that makes air ride special is one tube coming from the compressor to the shock, shouldn't I be able to just to remove the shock and compressor and...
  15. Z

Thanks damarble. Can anyone else verify this...? I need them soon.
  16. Z

Anyone? Can you install "regular" shocks and just not use the air ride..?
  17. Z

Whoo I love ordering parts!

Damn. So other than a full blow 2,000+ suspension lift, my explorer's stuck where it is?
  18. Z

So those will work for you 4wd?? Think you could fit 35"s? This is awesome.. I really want to do this, your my idle :D
  19. Z

Wait a second.. So you have : Rear Shackles Torsion Twist Body Lift and Spindles + AAL? What exactly are the spindles.. and how can I get some! I have a 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer. Please let me know
  20. Z

I checked the website and all they have is rear tailgate supports :thumbdwn: Can I install regular shock and just not utilize the air ride? I have the switch off most of the time anyway. Thanks for the response
  21. Z

I have a 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition equipped with the air ride suspension. (I think thats what its called -- I have a switch in my jack compartment). I desperately need shocks as I can see clean through mine :rolleyes: I was looking at the Rancho RS5000.. But I saw something that...
  22. Z

im lazy

Ha. You DEFINITELY want to get the alignment. The OUTSIDE of my tires have about 15,000 miles left on them. The INSIDE of the same tires are showing metal. DO THE ALIGNEMENT
  23. Z

Blown Wheel Bearing, Help!

can anyone find me a link? I dont know exactly what to get.. Also for tires.. I was thinking Dick Cepek's Mud terrains. Would you recommend anything different?
  24. Z

Light bar looks good :thumbsup: How do you plan to attach the Hunter grill guard after you put on your 3" body lift? Did you get it off ebay?
  25. Z

Blown Wheel Bearing, Help!

So do you think I should try to back the TT down a bit? Or just replace the hub, tires and get an alignment?
Back