Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

94 explorer brakes

I have a 94 the problem is with the brakes. The brakes a heating up so bad that they smell like they are burning, and the manual hub centers melted (plastic). The bearings were changed, the calipers, the rotors, Brake pads. The wheels rotate freely when the truck is lifted off the ground so...
  2. M

1994 explorer stalling and jumping idle

Hello, I am having a problem with my explorer. The car will stall out while drifting to a red light, and have to drive sometimes with my foot on the gas and one foot on the brake. Took it to a ford dealer and they did a diagonisic for $350.00, and found the throttle body was bad and leaking...
  3. M

I have a 1994 explorer. I changed the spark plugs and wires, as a general tuneup, truck has...

I have a 1994 explorer. I changed the spark plugs and wires, as a general tuneup, truck has 83,000 miles on it. Replaced motorcraft with autolite now the truck rough idles and surges sometimes it wants to die and then surges back again. I was told to only use a motorcraft plug, I was going to...
  4. M

1994 explorer front hitch, brush guard

I have a 94 explorer eddie bauer with a brush guard on the front. I would like to install a front mount hitch to the vehicle for a winch. Could I beef up the brush guard to accept a winch? The brush guard attaches to the INSIDE of the frame rails. In looking through front mount receivers the...
  5. M

camshaft and crankcase sensors

I would like to know the locations of the camshaft sensor and the crankcase sensor on my 1994 ford explorer. It is putting out a code of 214. Thank you!!
  6. M

Code 214

Code 214 on a 94 explorer With a code of 214 on my explorer, what sensor would most likely need changed. I see that it lists 4 of them that it can be, but I am looking for the most obvious one. Thank you!
  7. M

Code 214

I recently have gotten a 214 code from my 94 explorer. I pulled the codes and found out what it means. Can anyone explain it to me in simple english? Can the truck be driven with any harm? And what are the "culprits" that are causing this condition? Thank you!!!!
Back