Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. crane creek

crane creek

wildlife
  2. A

Would like a second opinion (fuel pump)

My explorer has had trouble starting for a little while now where it will just crank and crank forever and other times it starts fine. I think the fuel pump is bad because I have tested the fuel pressure and i have to try multiple times to get it to show any real pressure. sometimes it will...
  3. A

Plastic boxes above spare tire.

That would certainly be more easy than a whole new bracket. would imagine if I could get long enough ties, it would be do-able
  4. A

Plastic boxes above spare tire.

Been a while since I was last here. Anyways, I had to use the spare tire and when I was putting it back under the vehicle I noticed a mess of rusted steel dangling down. Looking at it I noticed that it was the remains of a bracket that held two black plastic boxes up under the vehicle. they have...
  5. A

Very rough and hard starts

So today I go to leave for class and when I tried to start the x it was hard to start. It seems like a timing or electrical issue because it seems to fire at the wrong times or not at all. It runs fine once it has warmed up. There are no CELs. I decided to drive it around the block and it does...
  6. A

stabilizer bar link and bolt replacement

well my drivers side link just sheered off in the past few days. so i called several dealerships and they all said that it was not a reccall item, so i dont know whats up with that.
  7. A

TDI diesel engine in an explorer

" I have a 1991 ford explorer that barley runs and sits in the driveway - I've also got a friend with a VW Passat TDI engine - I came across something online a while back where somone did a similar engine swap...but not I can't find anything about it--do any of you know anything? ie if the tdi...
  8. A

99SportX

i also recomend, bought 2 inside doorhandles. great guy :thumbsup:
  9. A

Removing Center Console?

i took mine out, it was a pain going at it blind, i broke a few plastic pin thingers. you have you remoce the cup holders and all the plastic stuff on the inside of the box, then there are bolts that hold it down, 3 sets, 2 at the very front, 2 in the middle and 2 twards the rear, then you...
  10. A

Backpressure and valves/torque

i dont know about torque, but it can ruen the valves because for a fraction of a second the intake and outtake valves are open at the same time and with no back pressure it will allow raw fuel to burn around the valves and what not, super heating them.
  11. A

ball joints?

when i hit a medium sized bump going 25 or slower there is this horrible thud type sound from the front, kind of a pop but not really, more of a thud. is this a ball joint issue?
  12. A

Adding rear diff fluid

thanks for th help guys. only problem is i left a 3/4 bottle full of grease on top of the fuel tank skid plate....and i drove off.
  13. A

Adding rear diff fluid

thank you much, ill be back when im done (hopefully) to give a report
  14. A

Adding rear diff fluid

#36?
  15. A

Adding rear diff fluid

so, i read my chiltons manual and it says there is either a plug on the diff cover or a plug somewhere else on the diff. so there is no plug on the diff. i take it off to drain it and im looking around for a plug and im not seeing it. there is a bolt towards the top of the diff but i dont...
  16. A

dome lights dont turn off

well that dident work. but i found something intresting, there is a bolt end hanging out of the vents on the bottem of the lift gate. so....i dont know.
  17. A

dome lights dont turn off

well my dome lights dont turn off. they turn off after about a half hour if i dont touch the vehicle like it always does but when im driveing they wont thut off. i hope it is a quick fix because i am going on a 900 mile trip tommarro and driveing at night with the interrior lights on it not...
  18. A

Nasty stuff under your seats...

is that a play-doh can i see?
  19. A

planing trop to SC

planing trip to SC my dad moved to florence SC recently and he has invited me to come visit him. im thinking about doing it. ats going to be around 730 miles approximately. what should i do to my x before i go. becides change the oil and cheack the tire pressure?
  20. A

Seatbelt Warning Harrassment

there is a way, i have seen it disscussed on this board before, try searching "seatbelt chime" or something. it involves buckleing and unbuckleing it multiple times
  21. A

overdrive wont switch off

well here is my problem. when i pressed the od button it dident shift out of overdrive, the OD off light dident come on, nothing happens. im hopeing its just a fuse or a switch, something simple like that and not the begining of the end. The A4LD has had a really good run up untill now with...
  22. A

Rear doors won't open from inside

well this is a small world after all. this is the exact same problem that led me to this site. it is kinda a blessing in discuise. i still havent fixed mine yet, i just make them roll down their window and open it themselves.
  23. A

haynes or Chilton manual?

im gonna invest in one of these today as i need to tear apart some stuff. what do you guys find to be the better manual?
  24. A

roter comeing off?

no, i thought that it could be the nut. its not. so i got to buy whole new hub assemblys or what? i might as well replace both at the same time. what about the rear. there are no bearings in the rear right? what does this cost
Back