Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

body lift tech help

come on guys i really need this help. Give me all you got. I owe you guys.
  2. B

body lift tech help

so section525 are you sayng that i need to buy 2 150mm bolts. what for.
  3. B

body lift tech help

alright it has finally arrived. i got the three inch body kit(part#883) from performance asc. now i want to install it. If you any of you experinced guys that have done this to a 99 xlt 4x4 could please give me some tech tips and help me with info. I know that i need to drill some hole bigger to...
  4. B

body lift part # 883 questions

the 3 in body lift form performance ac. part #883. If comes with every thing i need correct. I dont need to buy ne special parts ifi do let me what ones thanks guys happy trails
  5. B

body lift help. simple question to anwser

all right i got a 99 4x4 4dr xlt. Thanks telling how to remove to bolt under the carpet. But i found some info that sid that i have to drill a hole to fit the new 3in body lift bolts. Do I have to drill all the bolts out to a 1/2 more or just the bolts up front that the bolts start on the...
  6. B

I need some help.

I got a 99 4x4 4dr and i wna to put on a 3in body. But how do i remove the old spacers that run along the side of the car. The ones in the front have a bolt to un screw but the ones that run underneath the doors on both sides dont seem to have bolt or ne thing i can get a wrench on. If i undo...
  7. B

how do i a body lift on 99

I have a 99 xlt 4dr 4x4 and I just need to now how to remove the old body bushings so I can put the new three inch ones IN. Hey Splashman if you are reading this help me. I have the exact samne truck as you. Even the same color. And I want mine to look like yours. You got a three inch body. If...
  8. B

how do you do a body lift.

Hi guys. I have a 99 xlt 4dr 4x4 explorer. And I want to put a 3in body lift on it. But how do you remove that old rubber spacer. Is there a nut you un screw or what. I need to know how to remove it in order to put a new 3in ones on please help. I cant figure this on out. Thanks.:redexp:
  9. B

body lift info needed

i got a 99 4x4 xlt and I wont the 3in body lift from performance. The 98-01 ranger part #883 is the one i am ordering. But when installing is there any drilling or welding needed.
  10. B

I need some body lift help

Alright here is the scoop. I call the local off road place and the first try to tell me that my 99 is a unibody. (thats crap) we all now it isnt. Any way the wont install the 98+ ranger lift. They 98+ will fit right? any way they wont install it bc they suck. But Has any one ever got...
  11. B

What did I do with my torsion twist

Last night I tried to do my torsion twist. I bought some liquid wrench sprayed it on the bolts and let it go to work for about ten minitues. The i jack my x up in the front I got both tires of the ground but left side hung lower( i think bc of a half tank of gas)ne way I got to tighten the...
  12. B

Front Skid Plate For A 99 xlt 4x4

I want to get a front skid that will protect my engine. IF you guys have any ideas or knwoledge of how to do his let me know tHANKX happy trails
  13. B

snorkel

Hey guys i was just wondering if they make a snorkel for a 99 exlt 4x4 explorer.. If so how much. thanks later
  14. B

hitch for the front

Hey guys, I want to get a hitch for the front. I want to was to pull me out when i am stuck. I know i can use tow hooks but i would rather have a hitch. Were can i get one and how much. I dont even know if they make them for a 99 xlt 4x4 explorer. So at leaste le3t me know if they do. Thanks
  15. B

rangr lifts for explorers

i was reading and saw that we take a ranger ift and use it on a explorer. I have a 99 xlt 4x4. And a want about 3in lift for the explorer. What ranger lift should i do and how much. :exp:
  16. B

brush guards

hey guys. I was just wondering if there are ne brush guards out there for explores that are around 100 - 150 dollars that are strong enough to add in pulling my 99 xlt 4x4 explorer out of mud. I want this brush gaurd to be attached to the frame not the bumper. Please reply thanks:exp:
  17. B

intakes Questions

What is a kkm. I know it is a intake but good u give mare info. And i saw a new product. Its a powerstroke it is only for rangers and the mighty explore. Do u all know ne thing about it. Thanks
  18. B

K%N intake

I have a 99 explorer. It is a 4.0L v6. Which of the the intakes do u guys recomend me looking into. Buy the Way there is a very tight BUDGET. I would like you alls help thanks. Later :exp:
  19. B

the dyonmax ultraflow ss muffler

one of u guys said dynomax was cheap but deep. so i went to the site. i found the ultra flow ss to fit my type. And i wanted to if ne of you guys have on e of the bad boys. If so please respond... thanks happy truckin :shoot:
  20. B

what Type of Exhaust

hey guys, I want to know what i can do to my exhaust to make it loud. Not rice burner loud but realy deep, and throaty. I know about flowmaster and stuff, but of course, i want cheaper. I was thinking about glass backs, or straight pipes, but i know neither about both.I want...
  21. B

tow hooks

were can i put tow hooks on a 99 explorer xlt 4x4. I thought about a hitch but i want a tow point in the front.. were can i install the hitch.
  22. B

tires

I have a 99 xlt 4x4 explorer. Will i be able to fit 32x11.5 after a 2in torsion twist and warrior shackels. With out ne other mods will i be able to do this thanks. Later Happy truckin
  23. B

how tough

I have a 99 xlt explorer 4x4. I want to now how tough it real can be. U know its parts. It i were to put a d ring shackle in my rear bumper spot. would the bumper stay attached to the rest of the truck. Is that a good tow point or not... And if you guys could send some pics of your stock I...
  24. B

lifting the front end

I have a 99 explorer xlt. I just wanted to know how to lift the front end . I know about the torsion twist.... but is there ne other ways. please help thanks brodie:shoot:
  25. B

skid paltes

hey i just wnated to know what the cheapest skidplates i cna buy. I also wan to know what i really need to protect from the mud. I not really worried about rock thanks....
Back