Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

wheel stud

Howdy some of y'all may remember me(sold my X a bit ago and bought a dodge ram-if ya want details on the ram lemme know) but still have an X in the family (2005 explorer stock 4x4 4.0SOHC) Broke a rear wheel stud and i finally got the old broken one out and have been trying all day to get...
  2. O

thanks guys!

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help with my X. I found a dodge pick up that is in great shape so i will be selling my X and buying that truck today. thanks again guys for all your help! Josh
  3. O

04 Explorer AWD Transmission Clunk upon downshifting

Sounds like a ujoint to me. Jack it up, toss some jack stand under it and see if there is any play in the rear and front drive shafts. Josh
  4. O

Quick Disconnect.....YEA RIGHT!!!

i had lots of trouble with mine, but keep at it you will eventually get it off. they are a bugger. try getting the front line off first then the rear one, thats the only way i can do it on my X. Josh
  5. O

Broken Spark Plug Electrode (positive)

Just to ask, did you gap the plugs? Josh
  6. O

The Definitive Wheel Stud Article...

Thank!!! Had to replace 2 studs today made it easy! Josh
  7. O

Throttle pedal bracket

When my broke i didnt have a lot of time to fix it so i tossed some sheet metal screws in it and its still hold over a year later....(seems pretty tight still too) Josh
  8. O

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Like i said before only in the water tender cause your dead in that thing if you wreck at 70mph.. or even 45mph.. the engines are a different story i ALWAYS where my seat belt in them, that bein said... but specially since the speed limit on the hwy out here is 70mph and everyone does 80ish...
  9. O

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Being a firefighter i always where mine unless im on a private road going slow. The only time i dont where it is if im in the water tender(3500gal of water) cause no matter what if you wreck the tender or an engine for that matter odds are your going to have all the weight of that water coming...
  10. O

High picthed engine whine

fuel pump whine maybe??? Josh
  11. O

How close have you been to running out of gas?

LOl i have ran out once(fuel gauge said i had a 1/4 tank) lol thought that tank lasted a long time so now i use the odometer. And then once driving the cummins out hunting it said i had 0 to go when i finally got to a gas station and put 40gal in a 38 gal tank.. lol Josh
  12. O

sucked water in...

Lol i think shes ok. seems to run just fine=) as for not thinking it was deep well it was a small looking puddle:P Josh
  13. O

Worst stuck pic thread

whoops.... JOsh
  14. O

Neutral tow kit.

put in neutral, turn key off (far as it will go) depress break pedal for 5 sec. josh
  15. O

A/C on, temp gauge spikes fast!

You need to change your stat and you should be fine. Josh
  16. O

sucked water in...

well seems fine now tossed a new filter in and i don't notice any difference and cant notice the tick unless im stopped with my door open. thanks guys=) learned a bit of haha dont take your DD threw a mud hole unless you know the depth (it didnt look deep) josh
  17. O

sucked water in...

yea i looked at all those... just wanted to make sure i didnt have a weird case or something lol. being a college student and a volly firefighter my truck needs to run lol. but it seems to run a little weird.... will that go away with drive time and drying out over night?? Josh
  18. O

sucked water in...

went threw a mud hole and was deeper than i thought spuddered on my way out and died got her fired back up after a few cranks ran really really rough and smoky then died again after i few times of it doing that it ran slightly rough and i drove it home it seemed to buck quiet a bit but it was...
  19. O

ok...here we go....

I just lost one my self! took a hard left on a 75mph hwy lol wasnt fun. Josh
  20. O

Another dumbass moment by CHEESYPOOFS

mines worse... i was going to a fire call(volly firefighter) and i had it pegged to the floor pulling on the hwy and i let off to slow down so i could make the turn into the fire hall and my throttle stuck down forcing me to shove it in to neutral and then shut it off when i pulled in. came out...
  21. O

broke my cv shaft

yea broke just before the boot. made one hell of a noise too lol. Josh
  22. O

broke my cv shaft

middle of the shaft lol. Josh
  23. O

broke my cv shaft

was out playing in some snow this morning(couple ft) and i busted my driver side CV shaft, with my stock tires(was climbing a steep hill) so now that eventually im upgrading tire size to 32s... i was wondering if there are stronger cv shafts that i can get? Josh
  24. O

2in lift

either selling my X or TT 2in and shackle 2in. and maybe 31s... how big can i go with 2in lift?? and is it even worth it on 145000 mile X??? 4wd... 4.0 SOHC. Josh
  25. O

selling my x

sorry had no idea... wont put pics up the.. so does anyone have an idea how the F150's are.... caus ei have 2 choices.... lift my X 2in's and toss 31s under it put some gas shocks on it.... few things like that.. or... sell it and get a truck.. my x has 145K on it... so idk seems like a lot of...
Back