Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Car wont start... clicking

So I replaced the starter yesterday and VROOM.. right up! Drove it arund last nigth running errands and it started no problem. This mornign I go to start it. nothing. I needed to jump start it, I will swing by sears either at lunch or after work to go grab a new battery since this one...
  2. A

Looks like its he starter. I crawled under the truck with a pry bar and whacked at it wile I hit the remote starter and it started. Took it for a ride aroundthe block parked it shut it off then click. I'm about to crawl under and pull the starter now. Only a year old but at least its under...
  3. A

Yeah I tired rapping the starter a few times and then starting it (I was alone) tried it a couple times actually. Click.
  4. A

Drove home yesterday parked in front of my house went to get into my car ry to start it it started turning over and died. then ... CLick and kept clicking every time I tried it. Terminals were a little corroded so I went bought new ones. Click. Went to bed woke up this mroning...
  5. A

Anti Theft wont shut off

Never mind. I'm a morn The positive battery cable was loose at the clamp!
  6. A

Anti Theft wont shut off

Oh and I am sure this is key but the car does have an aftermarket remote starter. This had happened to my wife once but when I got to the car I stepped on the break hit the unlock button and it started right up.1
  7. A

Anti Theft wont shut off

You guys know my 96 5.0 by now I finally have it running, Went to the mall today took my spare key (important) only a key no remote. Locked it up and went in for a few hours of shopping and suburban trash watching. Get done go out to go meet my wife and kid. I use the keyless entry pad...
  8. A

Fixed one gas leak... found another

Oull the unit.. sure enogh... broken o ring. I called the autozone I got it from... they will replace th epart under warranty. Picking it up after work a hopefully my truck will be running strong again! Woo Hoo!!!!!!
  9. A

Fixed one gas leak... found another

Finally got my fuel pump connected and not working. ran the truck for a mintue to make sure it worked (sounds great ) and then saw a nice puddle of gas under the tranny. I figured out it was coming formt he fuel pressure regulator and trickling down. After further review I realized...
  10. A

Gas leak!!!!!

At this point this is probably exactly what Im going to do.
  11. A

Gas leak!!!!!

I dropped the tank and sure enough the leak is from the connection. We fooled around with the pressure clip and still leaked. We pulled out the clip and took a peak inside and it looks like the rubber o ring onthe inside MAY be broken. has this ever happened to anyone before? (yellow...
  12. A

Gas leak!!!!!

Well it definitely felt liek it wasn't going in all the way to me but then I thought I heard the click and it seemed to be int here real good. And as for putting it all together and THEN checking for leaks. There's liek NO play in any of the lines so getting it together first and then...
  13. A

Gas leak!!!!!

Here's a picture which will help explain Any suggestions? Besides pull everythign out and try to bend the lip back into shape. or maybe just a suggestion on how ot get it back into shape.
  14. A

Cant get Fuel pump Out

Here is a pretty simplistic picture trying to explain
  15. A

Cant get Fuel pump Out

truck side the metal "funnel" that holds the clips, holds them in to by using a little lip. A part of the lip straightened out and doesn't seem to be holding the clip in
  16. A

Gas leak!!!!!

Yes sir. Its not the plastic snap locks that are the problem. It's the metal "quick clip", and its housing which connect the fuel line to the elbow fuel line from the pump itself.
  17. A

Gas leak!!!!!

OK so I have had my on going battle with my codes, low fuel pressure etc. Determined there was a problem with the new fuel pump. Turns out there was, had difficulties removing it but finally did and last night I got th elast of the parts I neede and was putting everything back together. So...
  18. A

Cant get Fuel pump Out

OK so I got everything out. Got all the parts I needed. Outt he tank back together. Put the tnak back up. Hooked up the lines. Bolted everythign down. Hooked up the power. Turned the key to run the fuel pump. Runs strong... GAS LEAK!!! the larger of the two line...
  19. A

What is this part (from gas tank)

Im really thinking about taking you up on this. Just to save the $30!
  20. A

Cause of Low Fuel Pressure

By now most of you know the back story... 6 5.0 10 psi at the rail (should be 30-45). On a whim I called Autozone to get a new fuel pump again since the tank was down and it had a 1 year warranty on it. In talking witht he guy onthe phone I mentioned I wanted the whole housing this time...
  21. A

Been calling yards around here none have the part. Boo. Don't want to have t shell out $78!
  22. A

I have to locate a junkyard in my area. figures it just snowed yesterday. gonna be a cold pull!
  23. A

the pump is new... but I am going to warranty it and replace it anyway. I am stumped onthis low fuel pressure. And $78 for this sensor f*cking SUCKS!
  24. A

Dealer wants $77.29 for this. There is no aftermarket part? Also is there any chance this could cause the low fuel pressure if it was broken? Tryign to track down myy 171 and 174 codes and 10psi at the rail!
  25. A

Cleaned EGR.. now runs worse

I changed the Fuel Pressure Regulator already. it was running bad before... and running bad after.
Back