Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

'94 transmission help

i have a 94 4x4 XLT with an auto and lately its been acting up alot. when coming from a dead stop it will not shift to second unless i take the rpms to about 2500, then let them drop just below 2000 and start to give it gas again, then it will shift into second. it shifts to the other gears on...
  2. C

anyone else do this

i have a '94 and it has that rear veiw where it dims and controls the lights automaticaly. i put another 10 in sub in my car on friday, so now i have 2 10's bridged at 500w. it sounds really nice and today i was on the freeway so i decided to turn it up and the rear view was shaking so bad from...
  3. C

Cracked head gasket

i work at a dealership and my car has been going through ALOT of coolant lately(i have to fill it up after 1-2 hours of driving). i had one of the techs look at it and he found a cracked head gasket. he quoted me for about $1100 all together. $800 of that was for labor. my question is how hard...
  4. C

please help,my enine is making weird noises

i would definately say that it is a pinging noise. the code wasnt specific to the cylinder. i will try cleaning the MAF and reseting the computer.
  5. C

please help,my enine is making weird noises

lately my '94 Explorer has been making some noises accelerating that are coming from the engine. it mostly happens under moderate to hard acceleration, when its hot outside. i went to Autozone to get the computer codes pulled and it came up with like 4 codes with the EGR valve and one dealing...
  6. C

Explorer wont start, please help

the only problem was some of the bolts were rusted and when i was trying to get them off they just snapped. just put a jack underneath the tank with like a peice of wood in-between the tank and the jack to make sure it doesent fall (we used cinder blocks to hold up the other side) also try not...
  7. C

We finally got to the fuel pump and put a Ohm Meter across it, and the whole thing was shorted out. We replaced the whole unit and it runs fine now. If the thing were easier to get too, we would of had it done a while ago, but its a '94 and all the bolts are rusted. Thank you guys for all...
  8. C

We couldnt find any shorts for the wires that we could easily see. We started to drop the fuel tank to get to the pump, but it started to get dark and plus it started to snow, and it was just to damn cold. We will finish taking the tank down tommorrow, so I'll tell you what we find then. Thank...
  9. C

We looked at the fuel pump shutoff swith and it was fine. Then I took out the "Fuel Pump #7"(20A) fuse and it was blown. We replaced it with the 20A fuse from the trailer tow fuse which was also 20A and it started for a second, then it blew that one too. Do you think the fuel pump could be...
  10. C

drnaline, we tried that and no fuel was squirting out. We did not try the spark plug test because we now know that its not getting any feul. Thank you very much, so you think the fuel pump is bad?
  11. C

Friday I told my sister she could move my car into the driveway after she got home (94 Explorer 4x4 XLT). I went to go to work Saturday morning and I get in the car, and I hear that the radios on without the key being in. I think that she pulled the key out before it was completely off, but Im...
  12. C

Explorer wont start

Friday I told my sister she could move my car into the driveway after she got home (94 Explorer 4x4 XLT). I went to go to work Saturday morning and I get in the car, and I hear that the radios on without the key being in. I think that she pulled the key out before it was completely off, but Im...
Back