Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Jeep wheels on second gen: confused

I put them on mine a long time ago with 31 procomp MT's and no rubbing, but they tell me that should not have been possible.... They were just the standard honeycomb wheel off like a 99 or 00 jeep.
  2. B

Oops - bent control arms

Tires: 31x10.5x15 Rims: 15x7 Lift: none Rubbing: one little tiny piece of the board at full turn on the right side, simple wood saw took it right off. Since all I do is some occasional mudding I don't plan on ditching the boards. I had to get rid of my 4 wheeler but I'm gonna get another...
  3. B

Oops - bent control arms

agreed on the not killing anyone. Actually I'm lucky I didn't kill myself. Lesson learned on staying up too much and getting on the road. Damn crazy college hours. Anyways, I guess I'll start looking for a junkyard. Stringer, here's a pic of what it looked like.
  4. B

Oops - bent control arms

Well, I locked the cruise control in at 60 mph (at 3:00 am) and fell asleep at the wheel in the right lane...next thing I know I slam into the median rail and sparks start goin everywhere. I stopped and a few other cars pulled over too and told me that all of a sudden I shot across all four...
  5. B

Girlfriend's ranger dies

thanks man, actually we went ahead and took it in and had it fixed. It was actually the negative side that had a faulty connection, can't even remember where but it wasn't at the battery. Thanks!
  6. B

Girlfriend's ranger dies

Hey ya'll sorry to post something that's been drilled on but I just don't have time to research it enough. Her truck will run fine and then either sitting at a red light or going 75 down the highway it will just lose all power and then die seconds later. Definitely a fuel problem but it makes no...
  7. B

32" BFG MTs on 3" BL & TT?

BFG is also not known to have low specs for their sizes. I think the only thing that beats them is interco. The 32 BFG should look perfect under there with that setup. post pics when done as I'm sure there are others (like me) who want to know how it looks.
  8. B

Suspension sitting funny

how many miles are on it? sounds like torsion sag to me too. Shocks won't control how high the vehicle sits. Search "torsion twist" to find out how to fix it. Very easy. good luck.
  9. B

Problems with my '97

man my 97 has so many damn noises comin from the front end I don't even care anymore. As long as everything's safe and the tires are wearin good, don't worry about it. If not, every shop you take it to will tell you that you need something different and pretty soon you might as well buy a new...
  10. B

Lowered to Lifted

you mean the 4" superlift? $1700 for lift, $1200 install... If you've got the money, have fun. BL is perfectly safe, just sort of ugly at different angles. You can get 4" total with BL and TT/AAL for like 1/10 the price.
  11. B

Lowered to Lifted

a body lift should fit 32's, if that's not enough, do a TT and AAL/shackle. search this.
  12. B

alignment price quote???

I got shims last weekend, 73.99 a side installed.
  13. B

help:sas or ttb?

I have no personal experience with the TTB failing but is it that big of a problem? It seems like a lot of people bash it when it doesn't deserve it. I mean you've got lifts for it from 2" to 6" that are fairly inexpensive and cheap and can run 33's easily and 35's with a little maintenance. I...
  14. B

Why no lift for 3rd generations??

then write a letter to 4wheel petersons, just what I read.
  15. B

Why no lift for 3rd generations??

You know I read a pretty interesting article in the May issue of Peterson's about how IFS can actually be truly the best. Just these auto makers aren't putting in quality, tough, and articulating friendly parts. For instance it described the Hummer (H1) suspension and how it is superior to any...
  16. B

Lower Ball Joints Replaced

that sucks, I thought it was a good deal for 2, man I've never done anything like that before, I'd mess something up.
  17. B

Lower Ball Joints Replaced

For anyone who is looking for prices I just had mine done at Firestone for $572. From what I read this is pretty good deal. I had an alignment done right after they replaced them. The steering and alignment was massively improved. Felt like driving a new car.
  18. B

Stock Springs

Anybody know the part number for the stock 4-door leafs for a 97 from Ford? Anybody know how much they cost?
  19. B

Wrangler MT/R

I'd buy them.
  20. B

'97 spindle lift?

kauff you are in plano? So am I. Where at? I'm at Mcdermott and custer.
  21. B

Wrangler MT/R

what size?
  22. B

Wrangler MT/R

MT/R is quickly becoming the standard for the road friendly mud terrains (not swampers/crawlers/etc.) in rocks. From what I've seen and read they are shorter lasting than most of them though. Their mud traction is pretty decent but the tires themselves are tough as hell and look really cool. I...
  23. B

brown wire mod question

after I do bw mod I will put mine on dyno if I can get on it for free. that would be wild if people didn't know about this all this time. anyways we need so experts to help us out, come on guys.
  24. B

brown wire mod question

dude this is crazy, I wonder if it really is doing that for everybody and it just too little of power going to the front end to notice. Lee, I vote you take yours to dyno.
  25. B

36x13.5x17 iroks

351, from what I've seen/heard the x-terrains don't last long either. As far as performance, I have personally seen them suck in every situation except rocks (b/c I can't find any rocks in east texas). Also consider how much weaker they are than any of the super swampers, how hard are you using...
Back