Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Explorer shakes at 60mph

My ball joints were fine, and I replaced my wheel bearings to no avail. I haven't replaced the shocks but that just doesn't make sense to me. I took it to a shop and they couldn't find a problem either.
  2. W

Explorer shakes at 60mph

If you read my original thread, I just put new tires on the truck, balanced and alignment. Still Shakes. If you could find an honest Ford mechanic, away from the dealership, you might find out. I have no trust in the word of the dealership or their mechanics on duty ever since they told me...
  3. W

Explorer shakes at 60mph

I'm beginning to wonder if this shaking, since it's so common, isn't what's causing tire tread to separate... I will check the normal things like the bearings and the rotors and the shocks and even the u-joints. In my case it's the whole truck that shakes, not just the steering wheel...
  4. W

Explorer shakes at 60mph

My explorer shakes at speed, 60mph. It's been aligned and I just bought new tires and it still shakes. The tires were balanced, so I know that isn't it. What else could cause this? Thanks.
  5. W

Tornado Fuel & Performance Add On

The Tornado has been proven worthless by many test centers around the country, not just popular mechanics. It's up to you if you want to buy something that has been proven ineffective. When you have the product tested by independent labs and they say it's ineffective, why allow you're desire...
  6. W

Valve Stems or Cylinder Rings?

Thanks for all the advice, my question now is: 1. Do I trust the dealership to do this without lying and saying it's not the heads 2. Should I have someone else troubleshoot and give me an estimate 3. Or should I have all the work done elsewhere and sue the dealer for the charges
  7. W

Best Oil FILTER to use?....

I agree, if you change your oil every 3000 miles then any oil filter should suffice. I read a "consumers report" on oil and oil changes and they found no difference in engine wear when changing your oil every 3000 miles or every 5000 miles. I think they went with the car manufacturers...
  8. W

Valve Stems or Cylinder Rings?

I have a 95 Explorer with 105,000 miles. I recently had my headgaskets replaced by the Ford dealer because one was leaking to the outside, no overheating occurred. They also sent the heads out for valve grind and guides. 1,200 miles after I got it back I noticed it needed a little more than a...
Back