Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Flashing 4x4 and 4x4 low light

cant find any for the code its flashing.. It blinks 6x then off , then 6x again... trying to look online for what it means. Going to pull the transfer connector and clean it , see if that helps
  2. D

Flashing 4x4 and 4x4 low light

01 xlt stock. 4L sohc. the 4x4 and 4x4 low lights have started to blink. They blink 6x's. then go off for about a minute, then repeat the 6x blink Any ideas on this. Hope everyone has enjoyed their summer
  3. D

CV axle replacement help?

thank you kindly.
  4. D

not to sound like a dolt, but the 2 you listed are for the explorer, right and left cv axles? i just want to be sure im ordering the correct ones
  5. D

are the two that your listed, are they wheel specific
  6. D

I am going to replace my CV axles on my 2001 xlt,4L sohc, 4x4 automatic. my question is which axle seals do I need for this? I cann not find an answer . I have seen listing for two different numbers and all relating to my model. Any help would be greatly received..
  7. D

Anti-Theft Light

did you ever find any answers to your ford issues? blinking fast ( like 8x per second ) or 3x per second.. 8x bad , 3x ok. alos if it 8x it should time out after 45sec or so. the headlights are a time delay, there should be a slide switch on the rear view mirror, right it long delay, left is...
  8. D

Anti theft light flashing no start

This PATS computer is behind the glovebox ,radio area. I have had the same issue. My brother downloaded the information about the pats from ford i believe. it says where and what it does. there is also a computer for pats under the inner wheel cover ,driver side. But for no starts is behind the...
  9. D

dash lights question....

thank you neighbor.... going to see about cleaning and new bulbs first.... before the led's
  10. D

dash lights question....

since i am going to be removing my dash to attempt to fix my bouncing tach needle, Is there anyway to replace the dash bulbs to make them brighter ? I do not know the wattage of whats in there , but can anyone here give me some guidance ???? thanks in advance..
  11. D

Bouncing tach needle ????

I am so sorry for the reply, after my stroke it is very easy to get side trac,,,,, look a squirrel...lol but thank you for the info. and again , sorry for the reply being so late
  12. D

drivetrain clunk when coasting under 10mph (downshift?)

there is never a stupid question.... and anyone who says there is, is an ass..
  13. D

new member from the uk looking for help with pats

ebay.. ebay.com/itm/115176815201 Pats Anti-theft delete service
  14. D

1999 Explorer 4.0 SOHC

just by chance, is the anti theft light flashing???
  15. D

Light issues

Thank you for the fantastic information. Last night I pulled all the fuses connected to any lights. I did not see any broken. Today, ,,,, yes no#11 was broken. But burnt through the bottom side. Not the top like normal. Just saw a very little discolor. Super super easy to not see. Thank you again
  16. D

Light issues

I have a problem with my instrument gauge lighting and climate control switch lighting also my rear running lights. My dash gauge lights and my rear running lights went out and they will not come on. My headlamps work, my brake lights work my turn signals work nothing else does. Any ideas
  17. D

Thank you for he insight. will pull out tomorrow... Have a nice weekend
  18. D

01 exp.4.0 I have a issue where the tach needle. It will start to bounce. While diving it will bounce all over the place then hang up around 4k, 4.5k . Then drop back to normal... Any Ideas on how to fix or what is causing it..
  19. D

stock 01 explorer, issue with the tach needle bouncing ????

while driving normally usually at hwy speeds.. my tach will start bouncing from 2200 to 3500, just fluttering away, then if i taake my foot off the gas , it will stop bouching... I need some direction on this please
  20. D

Help..Plz..Transmission problem

I can dream but my luck the tranny AND transfer case probably granaded
  21. D

98 Mountaineer, PATS help. Car wont start

I agree, my problem was the one behind the airbag.Like i said, the connection are half assed cheap,My brother downloaded like 45 pages from ford on how to test the different PATS computer on the car. once we figured out which one, he took it out and opened it up and resoldered all the...
  22. D

that IDK...
  23. D

98 Mountaineer, PATS help. Car wont start

there are 3 PATS computers on these explorers. 1 behind the airbag, 2 behind left rear interior cargo area,3 behind firewall.? 3rd location not 100% read that somewhere. I think I paid 25 dollars from a junkyard for the pats airbag one. just need to reprogram the key. and its a stupid process...
  24. D

Yes it had fluid.. Never ever a bad idea to always check and recheck...
Back