Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. bigred4x4

Missing arggg

About three years old confirmed spark on all plugs and wires.
  2. bigred4x4

Missing arggg

Ok so recently got old girl cleaned up for summer and now I have a miss fire issue that is starting to drive me crazy. Checked spark and compression, fuel pressure is good as well thought it was a clogged injector on cylinder two after a bottle of cleaner now it's cylinder four that's missing...
  3. bigred4x4

I need a vacation

I need a vacation
  4. bigred4x4

Third brake light not working

Makes sense sounds easy enough hopefully I won't find myself in that boat sooner than later thanks for the info.
  5. bigred4x4

Please do tell as it may come in handy in the future
  6. bigred4x4

2003 Sport Camping Build

I always thought over land/camping setups where the coolest, I have a few camping mods done to mine. I would like to add a drawer system/sleeping platform to complete it out for overnighting on the trail I just don't go out and do it that much to justify it. Also thought about building a...
  7. bigred4x4

Come on trail weather!!

Come on trail weather!!
  8. bigred4x4

Not trying to revive an old thread but I just got old girl back on the road once again needs inspection everything fine except third brake light took advice on cleaning trailer connector and by god if this sight didn't save me tons of money and aggravation once again I never would have guessed...
  9. bigred4x4

Flex plate issue

:eek:dang your lucky, I'd pay that all day I hate crawling under that thing especially in the summer that's why I'm just letting a shop deal with it this time
  10. bigred4x4

Flex plate issue

The Ford dealer gets there flex plates from a trans shop down the road now haha I already checked there, I'll keep checking trying to get her back up ASAP, I'm having a shop do it this time for $500 plus provided parts, figured that price wasn't bad I figured it would be over $1000.
  11. bigred4x4

Flex plate issue

Hello guys, currently my ex is out of commission..... Flex plate broke, any way I was wanting any suggestions on which new plate to get, Rock Auto features two different styles one with extra holes and one without, and I thought I've heard of an updated heavy duty flex plate as well but can't...
  12. bigred4x4

What's this noise?

Ok, so, no CEL, i have a mechanical autometer oil pressure gauge on my A pillar that's tee'd into the pressure Port on the block, today I changed the belt tensioner because a noise, well more like a horrible racket it started making and I thought that might of been the noise all along, then 10...
  13. bigred4x4

What's this noise?

Plus I did have some fuel/air issues for awhile about a year ago and the last time I had the exhaust apart it was straight solid black all through everything , so I feel better that it's probably not a flexplate or rods, valves,,etc It started surging alittle yesterday at light throttle and...
  14. bigred4x4

What's this noise?

Man I hope so it kinda needs new cats any way I'll probably start there and see if that fixes the issue that would also explain a few other minor problems I've been experiencing.
  15. bigred4x4

What's this noise?

Ok 96 explorer 4.0 started making a rattling noise about two weeks ago sometimes it'll do it in park sometimes not ,does it at low idle under load, no driveability issues but it concerns me hopefully it's not yet again another tranny issue that would make 4 tranny pulls in three years!!!! Also...
  16. bigred4x4

My Explorer build.

Get a radiator with a solid lifetime warranty I've gone through 3 myself
  17. bigred4x4

Comment by 'bigred4x4' in media 'IMG_20150716_154628'

I'll take some pics and post them here I had a pic of the built unit before installation until my cloud got held hostage by Verizon apparently it costs a monthly fee now.:dunno:
  18. bigred4x4

Need suggestions for refresh

Unless your stuck on the 4.0 I rebuilt both my 4.0 engine stock with no performance upgrades and a few upgrades and updates on the 4r55e trans, if I had the money, since your pulling the the engine and trans any way I'd swap in a V8 drive train, with all the upgrades on the engine id be...
  19. bigred4x4

Door ajar!

I just remembered my dinger for driver door open is disabled or broke it never chimes with the door open and key in. iirc I bought it that way and actually like not having that annoying ding. Although it beeps once if I open another door. I'm thinking it's my driver door because alot of the...
  20. bigred4x4

Comment by 'bigred4x4' in media 'IMG_20150716_154628'

First I started with a universal winch plate from harbor freight, chopped it down on both sides, then got some 4x4 1/4" angle iron two 1 foot sections at my local metal shop I go to for custom made things for work , measured between the frame rails, and added the thickness of the angle iron...
  21. bigred4x4

Door ajar!

Where are the switches located?....I Also just replaced the battery a few months ago I think it went off because it thought a door had opened, is there a way to disable it temporary? The switches I mean.i disconnect the battery so I don't wake up in the middle of the night to the false alarm and...
  22. bigred4x4

Door ajar!

All doors are shut, it constantly thinks a door is ajar have to leave battery disconnected because it will die within a week and sometimes the alarm goes off randomly , but I think the problem was intermittent then now it thinks a door is open all the time. Any ideas? I'm hoping this is an easy fix.
  23. bigred4x4

Gotta get ol girl cleaned out and summerized.

Gotta get ol girl cleaned out and summerized.
  24. bigred4x4

Comment by 'bigred4x4' in media '2012-10-20 12.48.07'

Where was this picture taken?
  25. bigred4x4

My Explorer build.

Yes please id like to hear it! I'm running a 50 series flowmaster that is very mild sounding and gives a nice low end rumble, with only just a hair of coffee can under certain conditions, a very V8 like mild drone on the inside as well I'm happy with it, it also seems to disappear completely...
Back