Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Starter Wire - What Gauge?

Was looking for a terminal with a starter wire connected, but havn't found one yet... I will have to cut off about 6 inches or so off the wire - it has bubbled up under the wire sheathing. ND
  2. N

Anyone have an idea? thanks! ND
  3. N

Hello, My 2002 Explorer starter wire and wire that goes to the fuse box have corroded pretty bad. I went to the dealer and they said you have to buy the whole new harness to replace it. The mentioned making my own and splicing it in (cutting off the bad and putting in some good wire)...
  4. N

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

First off.. @#$% you Ford - no seriously @#$% you!!! ....BUT I beat you!!! I am a Jedi fuel filter remover like many on this forum and my fathers before me ;) This was my 2nd weekend attempt at doing this - took a little over an hour to complete this time. Here is my contribution...
  5. N

Leaking coolant from thermostat housing!

Oh wow - this was an old post.... It actually ended up being the plastic composite manifold that cracked... There was a recall on some years/models (of course not mine though) Cost me nearly $700 to replace! Nathan
  6. N

Oil filter spash guard cut wiring harness

Anyone? Need to tackle this tonight... ND
  7. N

Oil filter spash guard cut wiring harness

Hello, I am familiar with the sticky on this subject: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287097 In order for me to repair/replace the wires that were damaged, I need to know what kind of wire and what size (gauge) is needed in the event that all the wires in the...
  8. N

Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have...

The oil pressure gauge on my '02 Explorer just bottomed out yesterday... I went to Autozone and picked up a new sensor, then went home to replace it. Low and behold - the stupid oil filter shield had cut into my harness as well! Thankfully it was only the oil sensor that went out so far...
  9. N

Transmission Shifting Issue?

The check engine light is not on - so I do not believe any codes would be displayed? MAF was cleaned a few months ago, so I dont think it is that... Oh, I am aware of that vacuum hose cracking! I was not aware that it was an "infamous issue" with the Explorer engines though! I had to...
  10. N

Cleaned out the IAC last night... It has some nasty sticky black tar in both the valve and intake! Went through about a dozen and a half Q-tips since it probably has never been cleaned before. Unfortunately it didnt seen to correct the issue 100% - still seems to shake some at idle. May...
  11. N

....click on the link and it works for the IAC...deeerrrrrrr...... Thanks Man
  12. N

I was told by Ford that the poor idiling was related to the cylinder misfire. The cylinder misfire was related to the transmission shifting issues. So, kind of all goes hand in hand from how I see it... Thanks for the suggestion with IAC - where is that located, and how is it cleaned? ND
  13. N

Hello all, I haven't posted in a while so I hope you are all well! 2002 4.6 Explorer Last project I completed was changing out the moog springs on the front end with the Struttek struts... Anyways, I have been noticing this issue for a while now, only happens ever so often and thought...
  14. N

Decieded againest Struttek struts.

Ya - I just purchased 2 new rear quick struts from Prime Choice: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2819258&posted=1#post2819258 Over $51 cheaper than last year!
  15. N

Help needed in replacing 2002 Rear shocks

Wow - this thread is still going on from over a year ago when I first posted - COOL! Well - now the front shocks have gone out - and I have once again ordered from Prime Choice Auto Parts!! Quick Struts were delivered this week - and I plan to install today. I was looking at a diagram...
  16. N

Looking for REAR window regulator

Anyone know where I can purchase a window regulator for a good price? 2002 limited 4.8 RIGHT (passenger side) REAR regulator motor still works - but not sure if you can buy without? I have looked at the Dorman 748-507 Has anyone had luck with this part? Best and cheapest place to...
  17. N

Airbag code 34

AH - OK. I do recall seeing a yellow connector under the passenger as well as the driver seat. Thank you! ND
  18. N

Airbag code 34

OK - I had a code 34 for quite a while and I believe I finally fixed it last night. Had to fix my battery terminals so it was disconnected for quite a while - thought it would be a good idea to figure out the problem. I had found on ths forum that code 34 was a disconnect with the...
  19. N

2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 Battery light on dash question

You sure your not having a problem with your alternator? Take it in to a auto parts store for a quick charging test... they will most likely do it for free. ND
  20. N

How to replace battery cables?

If you need just the end that connects to the battery - I just did mine a few days ago. Mine were so rusted that I could not tighten or loosen it. I ended up buying one of these from Checker: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/OSS0/08506.oap?pt=N0365&ppt=C0005 Be careful when...
  21. N

Mine seems a little bit higher in the rear end after the install....probably just takes a little bit until they settle down. The old springs were so worn that it was sagging. Is yours consideribly higher?
  22. N

What is the jounce bumper? Is it that piece of rubber that is attached to the 2 bolts on top of the whole assembly? If so, mine came off without an issue and I just put them back on. I guess I could reuse them? I have no idea what they are for...maybe if you really bottomed out bad it...
  23. N

pizza ....pizza... (t h e)

LOL!!! - got me with "s u r e" ... didnt know that one! ...too funny!
  24. N

FYI - feel free to delete this post after t h e day is over... It shizzle as hell was a good one!!! -ND
  25. N

pizza (t h e) pizza pizza (t h e) pizza pizza (t h e) pizza pizza (t h e) pizza pizza (t h e) pizza pizza (t h e) pizza ...how funny - very clever! pizza "t h e"
Back