Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

electrical questions - dome light and accessory outlets

Well i got it fixed!! They had to replace the ignition switch. The service manager told me that ford recently sent out a bulliton to all the dealers saying how to solve that problem. So far so good i made the hour trip home and the light never came on. I didnt have to pay anything because it is...
  2. C

Im going in first thing saturday morning. The service manager sounded as excited as I was when I told him what I had found. So be looking saturday night or sunday morning for a soulition to this problem. (I hope)
  3. C

I have that exact same problem with the dome light. Its ben bothering me ever since i bought my EX back in oct of 08. Ive been to a couple different dealers and couldent figure it out. I think i just figured it out on my own. While sitting in the driveway I was fiddling with the key chain...
  4. C

Dome light

On my 08 Explorer the dome light comes on when I go over a washboard but not everytime. One time i time on when I honked the horn. Its quite annoying especally at night. Ive had it back to the dealer several times and they cant find anything wrong. (Im thinking it in the tailgate or back lift...
  5. C

Grille Guards on 06-08 X's?

No offence Responder but I don't like that very much. Id prefer to have the 3 piece so I have some protection over my headlights. The one you have woulden't do much if you hit something. It looks more cosmetic than giving any real protection. Have you ever seen a chrome 3 piece? I like the...
  6. C

Grille Guards on 06-08 X's?

thankguys I havebeen looking for for one for my 08. I knew they made one to fit cause the cops have one.
  7. C

rear bumper ice

I have an 08 Explorer and love it. however we just recently had some bad weather here in the midwest and I found out that when you drive through snow for a long period of time (200 miles to my inlaws) the snow and spray from the road settle on the bumper and you cannot get the back gate open...
  8. C

No more manual transmissions?

If want a 3rd seat you have to stay with an explorer unless you want to go bigger with a expedition or taho/sububran. We looked for a trailblazer with 3rd seat but they quit making them with the 3rd seat in 06. Explorer is the only suv this size that is worth buying. Forget the Jeep. My mother...
  9. C

Just got a new Explorer

I know what you mean. I just bought an '08 XLT with 6500 miles for $19,000. I love it but like you it is my wifes vehicle.
  10. C

08 Mountaineer Gas Cap

explorer has this capless gas tank. My only main concern is that we drive alot of back roads. I dont want it to fill up with dirt and mud and other debris.
  11. C

06+ Limited owners: what's your MPG?

We just bought an '08 explorer for 19000. It was an executive model with 6500 miles on it. Its just a plain jane 4x4 with a v6. according to the computer it is getting an avreage of 18 mpg. When we pulled of the dealer lot with it it said 17 mpg. I suppose it will continue to get better as the...
  12. C

Coolant specifications

DO NOT use the "red" antifreze use the green. The owners manual for my '08 says not to use the red (dex-cool).
  13. C

New Owner

Use the 50\50 even though you live where it never frezes it will help keep the engine running cooler, hence the name 'coolent'. Do NOT use synthetic "red" coolent. We just bought an '08 Explorer and even the owners manual said not to use the red. If you have it synthetic in there already leave...
  14. C

Will my car battery die if...?

Weve the dvd player plugged in all the time but shut it off and never had a problem.
  15. C

'08 accessories

We just brought home an '08 explorer and was wondering where we could get some accessories for it, like a bug shield and chrome kit and stuff like that. I could only find accessories for up to '07. unless I am just looking in the wrong place.
Back