Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. rngmStr

lower intake manifold

Got a 1997 X with an OHV engine and tore it apart only to find that the cooling ports on the corners of the manifold are pitted and causing coolant to leak.............. can the manifold be shaved?
  2. rngmStr

Cheap 4.0 OHV Lifters!

bummers.............. I guess what they say is true "you get what you pay for" x2
  3. rngmStr

home made body lift???

:) you figured out your axle code in post #9
  4. rngmStr

RA Bushing Question , Does This Look Right ?

Ra the holes that the arm studs goes through in the bracket may be rounded out course, you may have the RA bushings that address caster alignment in their
  5. rngmStr

Is this a good buy for a light bar???

light rack drill holes in the rail/crossbar for em'
  6. rngmStr

Owners of X's with 31x10.50 tires with NO LIFTs

the diameters of the tires turning the F/R axles at different revolutions will cause the transfer case to bind up and "unload" occasionally.
  7. rngmStr

For Sale Spring Cleaning

. PM sent
  8. rngmStr

where is my PCV valve?

I would think Motorcrafts with a 0.044" gap coppers: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1017164 platinums: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=949955
  9. rngmStr

where is my PCV valve?

??????? In 1989 the 2.3 was changed to a DIS (Distributorless Ignition System) ignition utilizing a new 8-plug head ( 2-plugs per cylinder). This head had larger evenly spaced D-shaped intake ports and was used until the end of production of the 2.5 in 2001...
  10. rngmStr

where is my PCV valve?

it just sits into the rear/top of the valve cover.......... no removing cover the more specific was in regards to engine size/liter, cause no first Gen Explorers had anything smaller than the OHV 4L, you dealing with a Ranger? guess if I had read more into your stats, I would have seen that...
  11. rngmStr

where is my PCV valve?

on the 4.0L V6 its on the drivers side valve cover.............. unsure of a positive location based on your Specs
  12. rngmStr

Updated pics of the Expedition

that is a very nice looking Expedition......... :thumbsup:
  13. rngmStr

2 inch lift on 93 X-pics?

2" is max with the "stock" equipment, you'll want an alignment afterwards to help with the positive camber
  14. rngmStr

find the Lift size from drop brackets? HELP!

*performance* 4" Tuff Country http://www.tuffcountry.com/suspension-kit/ford-ranger-1983-97-explorer-1991-94-lift-kits.html
  15. rngmStr

one more quick question! steering wheel noise!

Bl unsure of how high you went with the BL. If u installed the steering extension, may have to "wear" in?
  16. rngmStr

roof rack

Punisher
  17. rngmStr

how much snow?

Aberdeen got about 7" lasted for an hour................. then the rains came, turned into a slushy mess :(
  18. rngmStr

1995 explorer lift and tires?

the TTB front end kits of the 1983 - 1997 Ford Ranger will work though
  19. rngmStr

depending on the amount of money you're willing to spend............... Skyjacker has complete new brackets and they stout :thumbsup: Tuff Country = new brackets, I wouldn't abuse them as rough as a Skyjacker bracket though. search and compare the various TTB(TwinTractionBeam)...
  20. rngmStr

wheeling the Rough Country lift hard may result in a hole being puched in your front diff from the plate style drop bracket :(
  21. rngmStr

automatic transmission................... A4LD : Automatic 4 speed Light Duty search
  22. rngmStr

1994 = A4LD x2
  23. rngmStr

94 4dr 42's d-60's 302 c-6

:D:thumbsup: watchin' :D:thumbsup:
  24. rngmStr

help with codes

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255962&highlight=pulling+codes+gen
  25. rngmStr

Looking for a good lift

what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ;)
Back