Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Front Differential Tube??

Thanks, so it doesn't go into anything? Just attaches somewhere?
  2. M

Front Differential Tube??

I had to do some work on my front diff, and need some help! Can someone please tell me what the tube on top of the diff is, and where the hell it goes into??
  3. M

Squeaking Wheel

I just checked the U-joints and there is no play in them. I have no idea what the hell is making the noise. Its a loud grinding noise now. If the truck sits for awhile and then driven it take a few miles before it starts making noise. I think its coming from the back now, but I'm so burn out on...
  4. M

How many Miles?

199k on mine
  5. M

Squeaking Wheel

Ok, so I have checked everything and all is good but the noise is still there. A friend told me it could be the U joint. Anyone have this happen?
  6. M

Squeaking Wheel

No play in the wheel, I just replace the tie rod ends about 2 months ago. There is grinding sounds once and a while. I just want to make sure before I go and buy a new hub bearings.
  7. M

Squeaking Wheel

Need some help! I have an 01 sport, and there is a high ringing/squeaking coming from the front driver side wheel. At low speeds its a chirp......chirp....chirp sound. As I go faster it becomes a very loud and obnoxious ringing. It seems the longer I drive it the worse it gets, almost a grinding...
  8. M

Front Tire wont turn

I have no idea, I was running fine then all of a sudden it started to shake like hell. Like I said the pass side moves when i turn the steering wheel, but the drivers side stays put. When the tow got there i was able to kick the tire straight.
  9. M

Front Tire wont turn

Hi, Today I was driving and all of a sudden my truck started to shake uncontrollably. I had to pull over and have it towed. I noticed that the front right tire would turn but the drivers side did not move. I really need help on what broke and if its something that I could fix. Thanks for your help!
  10. M

Power Window clicking noise

My Drivers side window is making a clicking noise, it will go all the way up but won't seal. Anyone have any ideas what to look for? Thanks
  11. M

Iac?

Just got the parts today and put them in. I replaced the IAC and the ERG sensor. So far, so good. I just hope this is the fix....will keep ya posted.
  12. M

Iac?

Also, does anyone know exactly were the EGR sensor is on a 2001, I know were the valve is but not the sensor. Thanks again for the help!!!!
  13. M

Iac?

My issue is, the EGR Valve or the EGR pressure sensor. I just dont feel like spending the money and it be the other part. Is there any good way to find out which one it is?
  14. M

Iac?

Hi I was wondering if the IAC would cause a P0401 Insufficient EGR Flow code. The reason I ask is my truck will stall out when I park it and idle rough when starting it. I read how to clean the IAC out and after I did that it ran fine for about a day, and now is worse! So I plan on buying a...
  15. M

4x4 Module

Ok, so I did what you guys said and hit the shift motor on the transfer case, and now the 4x4 works like a charm! You guys rock! Thanks!
  16. M

4x4 Module

when I pluged the module in it starts clicking. I had the keys forward to get power and it was still in 2wd. I took it out and turned the switch..nothing happen but more clicking. I will try hitting the motor and see what happens. I just dont understand why it is clicking when in 2wd. Thanks...
  17. M

4x4 Module

could it be the switch on the dash. I just dont want to fry my new module.
  18. M

4x4 Module

I just got the new module today, i put it in and the only thing that happens is a clicking noise. I checked all the fuses and they seem fine. Any ideas on what to do next? Thanks!
  19. M

4x4 Module

Hi, Does anyone know the part # for a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4 module? I think its located behind the glove box. Thanks
Back