Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Hisssssssy fit from climate control?

FIXED - hissing noise from under glovebox on acceleration I tested my vacuume reservoir with a hand vacuume pump and it was able to hold the pressure so, it is working fine. The problem is somewhere else. I followed the black vacuume line through the firewall. In the engine compartment...
  2. K

I had a good look but didn't see anything. I am wondering if it is the reservoir because if I take the vacuum line off it and plug it, the noise on acceleration goes away. I am dropping by the dealership today for a recall and will see if they have a tank I can test it with. K
  3. K

Vacuum Reservoir Tank - Hissing Noise I found mine to be coming from the oval black thing on the pass side, under glovebox also. It's the vacuum reservoir. When I take the hose off the tank and plug it with my finger, I can accelerate and no longer hear the noise. I put the vacuum...
  4. K

02 Transfer Case - too much fluid?

Hi, It appears to be leaking higher up the transfer case, not from the seam down the center. I will let out the extra ATF fluid. Should not matter if it is hot or cold since it is not pressurized I would imagine. Thanks very much for your help. Kerry
  5. K

Thanks for the reply. I was in the garage on level ground and put the screw back in as soon as it poured out. Probably 12'' circle on the floor. In the back of my head I was wondering if the transmission shop overfilled it so I would get a leak. I took it into the tranny shop 7 days after...
  6. K

Hello, I just had the transmission rebuilt and the torque converter replaced on my 02 V8 Explorer 120K. A couple days after, I started getting ATF fluid dripping from the transfer case. Looked it up in my Haynes and it suggested checking the level of the transfer case fluid. When I...
Back