Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2003 explorer front camber

I replaced the front upper control arms, lower ball joints and sway bar end links recently on my 2003 explorer (4.6l 4x4 ) Front tires are now wearing out on the outer edge like the front camber is off. Too much positive camber it looks like. Now according to my research and a local alignment...
  2. T

Fast Idle, help!

I have this same issue. High idle with hard down shift. It only downshifts hard when its idling high. When its idling normal it downshifts normal. I do not have any vacuum leaks as I checked. I have cleaned the throttle body in case something was sticking but I dont believe it is. I also can...
  3. T

What kind of mileage is your 3rd gen getting?

03 Explorer 4.6ltr 4x4 3.73 limited slip rear. Only mod is a K&N drop in filter. Truck has 247k miles and gets 18mph on the highway. No idea what it gets around town.
  4. T

Tranny help

Forgot to update this. Mine was a bad OD servo. Replaced it and the truck now shifts into 2nd normally and will go into OD.
  5. T

2003 XLT V8 with tranny problem

Alright I`ll try that. I already took the pan off though and there weren't any parts in it.
  6. T

Should you be able to tell if the band is broken by adjusting on it. What should I expect to see happen if I adjust it in some? Just trying to see if there is a way to narrow it down better between it being a broken band or a bad OD servo before taking it apart.
  7. T

Dropped the pan when the solenoid pack was replaced thinking it was the problem. Didn't see and pieces of metal. How much should I adjust the band. Like one full turn and should I be going clock wise. If the band was broke would the truck still go into 2 gear?
  8. T

So by my description of the problem do you think it is more likely that the OD servo is bad or the band is broke. Thanks for your help.
  9. T

Tranny help

I think it is either the O/D servo or the band broke. If the band broke how would that effect 2nd gear? Anyone know.
  10. T

I believe its the 5R55W. I think it is either the O/D servo or the band broke. If the band broke how would that effect 2nd gear? Anyone know.
  11. T

I dont remember the code number. But it said "2nd gear ratio out of range"
  12. T

I have a 2003 XLT V8 4x4 with 80k on it and the O/D light is flashing. It shifts into 2nd very high in the rpm range and wont go into od at all. So i had the code pulled and is said something to the effect of needing to change the shift solenoid. So I did that and it still acts the same. Pulled...
  13. T

Tranny help

I dont remember the code number. I just remember it said 2nd gear ratio out of range and I have no OD and it shifts into 2nd between 4-5k rpms with giving it partial throttle unless i let of the gas for a second then it will shift.
  14. T

Tranny help

I have a 2003 XLT V8 4x4 with 80k on it and the O/D light is flashing. It shifts into 2nd very high in the rpm range and wont go into od. so i had the code pulled and is said something to the effect of needing to change the shift solenoid. So I did that and it was still the same. Pulled the code...
  15. T

New guy with question

I live in the city of North Port.
  16. T

New guy with question

i dont have another remote. The guy only had one remote and one key. I thinl I am going to buy another remote and key anyways and try that. Wheres the best place to get a remote. Dont want to go to the rip off dealer.
  17. T

New guy with question

Just picked up a 2003 explorer XLT with 78k miles. Its black with the V8 and 4x4. has sunroof, leather and 3rd row seating. I used to have a 98 Mountaineer and am really liking my new Explorer. When I got it the battery in the keyless entry remote was dead. I put a new battery in and follower...
Back