Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2005 4.0L V6 - P0190, P0300 and P2198

Thanks for all those responses. It was the FPR. Had to take the Upper intake off to change it. Cake.
  2. B

2005 4.0L V6 - P0190, P0300 and P2198

I have multiple codes - P0190, P0300, P030x (4,5,6) P2196, and P2198. The engine is running rich and very ragged. Stalls and sputters and then it runs fine for a few miles. I am going to look for vacuum leaks fist. The I am thinking Fuel Pressure Sensor, then Fuel Filter, then MAF, then...
  3. B

?Any tips on replacing front struts?

Thanks. I might just stay with the Monroes. The product cost is the same, though the Prime Choice struts are free shipping. hhmmmm?
  4. B

Thanks for the reply. Yes. I saw those threads. sounds like the assembly will not require the use of the spring compressor, but will require a good lever to push the control arm down. Right? Any advice on the alignment.:)
  5. B

Rock auto has the Monroe Quik Strut for $140 ea, plus a rebate for buy 3 get the forth free. I think I will go this route. The haynes Book of Lies says you have to compress the spring to get the assembly back in. Any truth to that or are they carrying over the idea from installing a shock and...
  6. B

5R55W transmission with a P0775.

Lifetime. That's a confident builder. If he has many come back he would be out of business. The shop that built mine, said that the 5R55x trans are pretty stout, especially behind the 4.0 and after the case is sleeved, it should last for many miles with proper attention to fluid and...
  7. B

24 months or 24,000 miles. The way my wife drives, it will be the latter.
  8. B

Just reporting back. I got the Mounty back and the ATRA shop rebuilt the tranny. They did the Servobore repair, replaced the solenoid block, as well as a pull replacement of all the band, gaskets, the works. It ended up being just north of $1800, but it is much better than the $3700 for a...
  9. B

NEED HELP : 5R55w to 5R55S SWAP ???

Marty, Although i had stated in previous posts that I had a 5r55w in my 2005 Mounty, it is actually a 5r55s. I am having the same servo shaff to alunimum case issues as you will find throughout this forum on the 5r55w. Mine went at 131k miles, all highway. I would beware. I would spend the...
  10. B

woops Meant to say I found an ATRA shop. No, I'm not getting repaired by a tennis pro.
  11. B

Guys, I found an ALTA shop in Atlanta that has rebuilt several 5R55xs and he told me about the aluminum case/steel servo problem and how it needed to be repaired :thumbsup: He gave me a price of $1400 to $1800 depending on worn parts and can get me in next week. I have barely drove the Mounty...
  12. B

Thanks Dbl B, that makes sense on the dragging band. i am going to do the band tightening when I get the inlb torque wrench from Harborfreight. I'll report back on what I find. Anyone got advice on cost? Anyone know of a shop in North Atlanta burbs that would do the repair right?
  13. B

Brooklyn, Thanks for the quick reply and advise. I am hoping that I can find a good shop that can repair it for a resonable price and with this information, I am off to a good start. If I was uninformed, I would probably pay the $3700 like the majority of people (turnip truck droppings)...
  14. B

Gentlemen, I am new to posting but not to reading your posts. I have a 2005 Mounty with a 4.0L. It has 131,000 miles, mostly highway due to my wife's 60 mile commute and her love of driving at the drop of a hat. It is a very nice vehicle and we plan to drive it at least till the clock hits...
Back