Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2007 Sport Trac Rear Driveshaft Vibration

It can't be the rear end or tires or half shafts. You have done a great job diagnosing the problem. Let's look at it this way you have already found the problem the rear drive shaft. If you removed it and the vibration stopped that's the culprit. Here is my thinking the rear end, half shafts and...
  2. B

Water getting in through rear window seal

I had leaks from the brake light and rear window both fixed under warranty. My advice take it back to the body shop and make them fix it. It after all is their responsability.
  3. B

Help!

Headers only gain HP on high HP motors. All they do is get the exhaust our faster. I have an 03 cobra supercharged with about 525 HP at the rear wheel and still have stock manifolds. There aa lot of money and time for not much HP. They do sound great but not worth it especially on a v6.
  4. B

New guy here with 08 STA

Fords are notorious for snapping the rear passenger side manifold bolt. The tick should stop after it warms up about a minute or two.
  5. B

adrenelin tires

I went to a 275/45/20 with no issues.
  6. B

How to unlock OEM navigation head unit for free.

You can change colors and pick ford mercury or Lincoln look bit the changes reset when you then the truck off. To much hassle to be honest. This is just a factory work around for dealer testing I believe.
  7. B

That I don't know but it doesn't bother me.
  8. B

These look like fun

I agree I have owned only ford for 20 years. Problem is no mid size trucks anymore. I'm hoping that ford gets back on the bandwagon since Chevys in it and makes a new mid size truck. I have no need for a full size truck.
  9. B

These look like fun

Toyotas need a refresh bad its coming in 2017 I believe. I have been eyeing the new Colorado looks sweet. I'm not a Chevy guy at all except corvette's bit damn it looks good.
  10. B

Thinking about buying

My manifold stud broke no big deal makes a little noise till it heats up. My drive shaft bearing went thank god under warranty since you have to replace the whole driveshaft (poor design). Right wheel bearing went also covered under warranty. Dreaded third break light leak fixed by dealer. I...
  11. B

That is possible mine is a 08 and they may have upgraded the os causing it to be activated differently or not at all.
  12. B

Feel free you can't get blood from a stone :)
  13. B

Yeah the guy who posted it. Oh wait thats me. What do you mean has anybody tried this why dont you try it. Don't be scared.
  14. B

OK guys I found these instructions on, of all places a boat site (offshore). I am not sure if this has been posted before. It seems there is a manufacturer procedure I'm sure for diagnostics that unlock the head unit. Now before you jump all over me about safety don't. I do not recommend...
  15. B

Adrenalin crashes into AutoZone accessory isle

Hate on them no. Have a strong opinion that what they did to that poor adrenalin is equal to sacrilege is your god given right.
  16. B

Sport trac misfires (lurches a bit) occasionally

Same thing happened to my f150 back in the day. Feels like the trans its a bad coil pack.
  17. B

2010 sport trac bi-fold hard tonneau cover

Here you go its on this page http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2010&m=Ford&mo=Explorer%20Sport%20Trac#Search
  18. B

Water Leak

I had this done years ago and it wasnt the light it was the rear window. They took out the light used some gasket seal but it didn't work still got water in the cab. Brought it back and they said it was the rear window so they sealed the rear window and that fixed it.
  19. B

2010 front hubs

sounds like a bad wheel bearing just had one of mine go driver side at about 47000 miles
  20. B

Tire sensor fault

Mine hasn't but our new police cars are the explorers and it seems every time I get in one a tire sensor light is on. They do go bad if your not losing air don't' worry about it. When you change your tires buy aftermarket sensors and have them installed (cheaper).
  21. B

100,000 miles!

The transmission fluid is good till 150,000 miles thats why it's so expensive its some synthetic fluid. I looked into changing it but only have 46,000 miles on my 08 after finding out how much I said I will wait.
  22. B

Opinion/Advice? on putting 22"FORD EDGE LINCOLN MKX FACTORY Wheels on Sprt Trc Adren

Would love to see pics when you have a chance. Do you have a 6 or 8 cylinder and how is the gas mileage with the 22 inch wheels.
  23. B

Map Update

Lol I hear you 200 bucks is nuts for an update sorry you can't upgrade that sucks. Looks like they made this change because of my nav all I have to do is make a copy of the disk and sell it like the guy I bought it from. Make the update nav specific was pretty smart on fords part.
  24. B

Map Update

I'm not sure if your navigation system is the same as mine
  25. B

Map Update

200 thats crazy I just bought the 12p update disk on ebay for 15.00 bucks installed in about 3 minutes.
Back