Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. rednecksoldier

dana 30 straight axle

Well I didn't get the 44 :( but I got the 30 in and it looks really good now I just have to put the new trans in(broke the a4ld again this will be my 4th trans) so it's just sitting right now but I'm gonna get new gears 37's and 17 inch wheels I'm liking the 30 for the short time I got it on the...
  2. rednecksoldier

lift question

It's true I started out with shackles and the little rubber cubes that go in the springs then the f150 spring seats then 3" body and now I'm sas 11.5 inches of total lift and 37 14.5 17 tires
  3. rednecksoldier

Jeep axles in explorer?

I just finished putting a dana 30 in the front of mine I think its pretty ba I got all the parts from rusty's offroad and put an 8.8 out of a newer ex with 3.73 limited slip I have a long arm kit on it and I love it but that's just my opinion lol
  4. rednecksoldier

a4ld to 5r55s

Hmm well I'm trying to figure out if I can get a stronger transmission than the a4ld cause I'm on my 4th one?
  5. rednecksoldier

Mystery Hose

For cold mornings to bring warm air into the airbox I took mine off lol
  6. rednecksoldier

a4ld to 5r55s

Is it possible to swap an a4ld in a 1991 4x4 explorer with a 5r55s?
  7. rednecksoldier

mystery switch

damn she found me lol gotta go guys im being chase by a mad woman with a shotgun
  8. rednecksoldier

rednecksoldiers 1991 ex sas and soa

well i got my ex back on all 4s but i still have some welding to do
  9. rednecksoldier

mystery switch

idk i lost the key fob thing a long time ago im gonna look for it tho im interested in the remote start that stuff is cool i have it on my 91 ex but its aftermarket
  10. rednecksoldier

mystery switch

well im pretty sure it is for some kind of alarm cause when i flip it on and try to start the car the horn starts honking and the lights start flashing
  11. rednecksoldier

mystery switch

fog lights where stock on this xls and it has the button to the right of the radio for that
  12. rednecksoldier

mystery switch

i turned it on and it still starts and i have had the ex since it was brand new and its always been there thats the thing i bought it brand new off the lot
  13. rednecksoldier

mystery switch

i have a 2000 explorer xls and there is a switch under the dash by the fuse panel i have no idea what it does! does anyone know what this switch is?
  14. rednecksoldier

i figured id have to make one and ive been searching the forum to find isdeas but i cant seem to find anything good i ordered the brackets and a bracket for the tracbar too so hopefully it will be back on the tires next week :D
  15. rednecksoldier

what about the tranny crossmember its gonna be in the way of those brackets
  16. rednecksoldier

ive got a few questions to ask now that ive got all my parts! how can i make mounts for the control arms? and how can i mount the trac bar? i got the posi loc system in :D
  17. rednecksoldier

thanks man i figure its about the easiest and cheapest cause it basically bolt in lol just a little welding and i got all my parts ordered should be here on monday ill get more pics up soon
  18. rednecksoldier

my 4.0 really wasnt that bad with the 33s and its tough as crap but yea i prolly will need lower gears eventually and im prolly not gonna get bigger tires yet cause i just bought the 33s for $800 but it should be ok for now on 3.73 with 33s
  19. rednecksoldier

right i got the whole same gears thing i have 3.73s for a dana 30 already to go in and i know i shouldnt go bigger than that but it would look goofy with 33s and i know there are guys in here runnin dana 30s with 3.55 gears on 35s
  20. rednecksoldier

i was thinkin 36s with a 8.8 out of a newer ex the one with 3.73 and limited slip or maybe a lower gear ratio im not sure
  21. rednecksoldier

so i got the coil springs in the mail today :D they are huge way bigger than i thought they would be o well though it gives me more lift lol :)
  22. rednecksoldier

Hi everybody

i have the coil spring seats and manual hub conversion if you are interested
  23. rednecksoldier

Hi everybody

you could do that or slope the bl search for it on the forum i did my own bl but i had a lift and a shop to do it in buy about 5 cans of liquid wrench cause your gonna need it lol
  24. rednecksoldier

Hi everybody

well i saw a thread on here not too long ago with a transfer case conversion kit but it would be cheaper to get one out of a ranger from a junk yard or something as for the lift the soa is gonna give you 5 to 5.5 inches the ranger axle is gonna be smaller and weaker and its a different spline count
Back