Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. htrdlncn

Well its been a blast but looks like its time to move on..

They are SOOOOO cheap since no one knows what they are,,I paid 11.5 for my 08 ,,you can get gorgeous looking 5.3 ones from way under 10k if you are patient and everything mechanical/electrical is chevy trailblazer so fixing stuff is dirt cheap..
  2. htrdlncn

Wish I could but I need the money and around here you have to keep all vehicles insured,registered and inspected.. Have it on craigslist right now, http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4482144243.html ,for $2000 someone will get a heck of a nice driver. On a different note took the Saab to the...
  3. htrdlncn

I have had a blast with my Xsport these past 4 years, put 90,000 miles on it, had fun blowing away little sports cars around the curves up here in the hill country but its come time to move on.. I wanted more power and more towing capacity and adding that to the Xsport just wasnt gonna be cost...
  4. htrdlncn

explorer sport pics

HAd a little encounter with a deer and tree at 40mph... luckily a freind with a repair shop got me all the new parts to fix it for $350 probably be selling it soon,,had a good run, 4 years and around 100k miles but its time to move on..
  5. htrdlncn

explorer sport pics

In case your wondering, I did a show at the airport today and got to drive on the active tarmac,,cool ****!!!
  6. htrdlncn

explorer sport pics

Bring it!!!!
  7. htrdlncn

explorer sport pics

Dont you hate it when some dork in a United jet blocks you off in the parking lot????
  8. htrdlncn

explorer sport pics

1/2 mile blast before I let off not shabby for a 244" V6 in a 4200lb pig :) Oil needle is actually wrapped all the way around,why I have no idea..
  9. htrdlncn

explorer sport pics

towing pic
  10. htrdlncn

Injector vs Horsepower

ahh ,, nevermind then.. too used to dealing with my V6 I guess,LOL :)
  11. htrdlncn

Injector vs Horsepower

No way your gonna make 395hp on 6 30lb injectors.. (equivalent to running 22lb injectors on a V8) Anything over 350hp on a V6 I would step up to 42s so your not running injectors at max.. Personally myself I would not run 30s on a V6 with anything over 300hp. Keep in mind it is 6 injectors...
  12. htrdlncn

Injector vs Horsepower

found this thought it might be usefull,, keep in mind this is for naturally aspirated,, usually for supercharged applications you go a bit bigger... ________________________________________________________________ The normal range for a NA engine is .45-.50. That formula also assumes that...
  13. htrdlncn

Just found an almost new engine and turbo kit for the Xsport

Ill get one sometime this week, wont be getting off work till after sun goes down next few days. I also took off the Explorer Express front spoiler, was just too low, kept hitting everything and being fiberglass got ratty looking pretty quick. Wish there was a shorter urethane version.
  14. htrdlncn

junkyard 4.0 sohc

2005 to 2009 Mustangs came with the very same SOHC 4.0 they are even more plentiful than Explorer ones due ro the sheer number of crashed Mustangs and they have all the timing chain upgrades. I picked one up for $300 with 35k miles.. Swapped my 160k noisy one for the new one last winter, no problems
  15. htrdlncn

explorer sport pics

Looks a lot like Arkansas Bend Park on Travis.. :) I did it the otherway around , after two years I removed all the 4wd stuff and made it two wheel drive, I spend a lot more time driving on twisty roads than i do crawling around in the mud :D
  16. htrdlncn

Buying an Explorer Sport

another thing is my 2001 sport 4x4 had splined axle ends,, meaning no hubs, front is always locked solid so no way to run without front axle always turning even when not in 4x4 mode. Good for offroading but hurts gas mpg in normal daily use.
  17. htrdlncn

dunno why it runs slow... It has 3.73s not 4.10s though..
  18. htrdlncn

Done and have put about 2000miles on it so far with no problems.. Went with 335/35s in the rear now that its no longer 4x4.. Looks mean.. Need to get the bottle filled to put those meats to work..
  19. htrdlncn

Anyone make dropped spindles for the 01-03 Sports?

its no longer a 4x4 now, I removed the transfer case,front axle and tranny and replaced with 2wd tranny and spindles but I dont think there are any for the 2wd either?
  20. htrdlncn

My Explorer doesnt have a manual, I was talking apples to apples , 4.0V6 Auto in both.. The 2011 V6 makes 300hp, whole other animal.. Hope to get it done soon and go to track, like i said I hope your right!! :)
  21. htrdlncn

yup, Little river, air was cold and dry and track isnt very high,tires are 11" wide so traction is a non issue. Tires you hear squeling on vid are the Impalas, once i warm my tires up I can launch off the convertor at 2800rpm and just go with no tire spin at all. yes it had the 4x4 in place...
  22. htrdlncn

I have the 4th cat removed, 3" from the 3rd cat which is already 3" running to a turbo muffler 3" in and dual 2.25" out , cold air intake , SCT Xcal3 tuner, 3.73 gears with a cobra clutch pack and best it has ever run is 16.0 ,for comparison bone stock when I bought it it was running a best of...
  23. htrdlncn

Jakee Dunno if ur still reading this thread but real intrested in that catless pipe you had fabbed up for yours and still wanting to see your Xsport run at the track! Holler at me when you get a chance. Frank
  24. htrdlncn

Been forever but anyways the updates are 1. sold the turbo kit,, I needed the money basically, with a boat , two explorer , a mustang and a diesel truck I just couldnt justify the outlay and I made $1000 on the kit over what I paid. 2. Just now swapping in the Mustang 4.0, also converting to...
Back