Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

How To: Repair A/C "Fresh Air/Recirc" Door

I wish i had done the paper clip trick the first time, mine has fallen out again. I am not looking forward to taking the dash out again.
  2. T

Water Leak

The issue was water on the passenger side floor. The problem was the tube from the sun roof to the drain to the outside located between the two door hinges had come disconnected. I took the headliner loose, disconnect the other end of the hose from the sun roof and was able to push it out the...
  3. T

Water Leak

NEVERMIND I FOUND THE ANSWER ON HERE. Thanks!
  4. T

How To: Repair A/C "Fresh Air/Recirc" Door

I fixed it this past weekend. I had ordered the new duct and was ready to go. Took about 1.5 hours to get the dash removed far enough to get to the duct. I could not get the duct out, there are two screws against the fire wall that I could not get to. I only know that they are there after...
  5. T

Steering Wheel Shake

I had the same issue for the last 6 weeks, had the tires balances 4 weeks ago, still shaking bad at high way speeds and would come and go. I havent driven it much in the last month because i have been out of town for work. Finally took it back to the shop yesterday and had them check it all out...
  6. T

check advancetrac ... this normal?

I get that occasionally. I drives me nuts!
  7. T

2004 Explorer Failsafe mode after new Alternator

I had the same problem after replacing the alternator myself. Had my mechanic come take a look, he unplugged the plug with 2 wires that go into the alternator with the engine running and it cleared ip instantly. Plugged them back in and havent had any issues since then.
  8. T

How to: Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround

My regular A/C works fine, but now there is no change when i go to MAX A/C, heard a strange noise the other day when I turned MAX on and now it does not work. Do I have the same problem or is there another issue at hand. All the vents still change position when i change it...
  9. T

roof leak

There are four drain hoses, one on each corner of the sun roof. I had one come loose once while at the automatic car wash and it poured in. I took the rubber seal off around the opening in the headliner and look the plastic cover of the driver side pillar and was able to lower the headliner down...
  10. T

03 explorer gas gauge .. slow to respond

My 05 will have this issue at filling when the temp in below 10F. After running for 20 minutes or so it comes back up.
  11. T

Latest PCM Upgrade 1U7A-12A650-GMB for the 2002-2005 4.0L SOHC

I have gone over 3,000 miles and have not noticed much improvement in MPG, it does run better and doesn't idle rough, so i guess thats an improvement.
  12. T

Latest PCM Upgrade 1U7A-12A650-GMB for the 2002-2005 4.0L SOHC

Had my 05 updated today for $95.94 including tax. Idle is much improved and seems the shifting is improved. I have not driven enough to see if average mileage has improved or not. I reset the MPG when I left the dealer today, drove 18 miles home mostly open highway with hills and it got 17.4...
  13. T

Tire rubs inner fender

I have the same issue on my 2005, when I first bought it, there was no issue, it had some cheap Uniroyals tires on it. I bought new Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors and now it rubs. Even thought they are the same size tire, the GY's are a little wider. Also it looks like the inner plastic fender...
  14. T

Advance Trac problem

I have a similar issue in my 2005 EXT Sport w/ 4.0L, when I turn the key off, right before the message center goes blank, the display flashes "CHECK ADVANCE TRAC" and beeps. It doesnt always do this and I cannot seem to find any pattern that would cause it. e.g being on slippery roads or any...
  15. T

Good on/off road tire

I have Goodyear Wrangle Silent Armors on my 05 Explorer XLT Sport and would not have anything else. They are great, super quiet, ride smooth and do great in the mud and snow. I live on a gravel road and they have held up against the gravel better than any car or truck tire i have ever seen. They...
  16. T

Radiator replacement cost

My 05 V6 cost 600 to replace at the dealer.
  17. T

Trick to removing center instrument finish panel?

I had the same issue on my 05, took it to the dealer and they had to tear the entire dash out to make the repairs. it cost around $1200, luckily it was under warranty,
  18. T

AdvanceTrac Issues

On my 05 when I turn the key of it will chimes and says "Check Advance Trac" on the message center. Any ideas as to what this is? 2005 Explorer 4.0L 72,059 Miles
Back