Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

91 Aerostar E-4WD front differential/axle mounting bracket is broken.

Looks like I'll be trying a sledge hammer and a wood splitting wedge.:eek: Thanks
  2. D

91 Aerostar E-4WD front differential/axle mounting bracket is broken.

Bracket on front differential broke, causing axle shaft to seperate, loss of power Hello, been a long time since I've been back here. I have a 1995 EAWD Aerostar totally rotted. It seems that my van is splitting in half. This has caused the engine to fall and rest on the front differential...
  3. D

15" wheels and tires. What fits?

Happy New Year! Older Jeep wheels work. The offset is in. On my AWD I can not put wheel weights on the inside of the wheel or it will rub on the front lower A-arm. I am now running aggressive snow tires sized 235/75-R15, they rub sometimes on big bumps. Brian
  4. D

Which shiftable transfer case do I need for my 1997 E-4WD Aerostar beach buggy?

Hey Brooklyn, I wanted to buy rear cargo coils and a fellow here had a pair but they where for a 2 wheel drive, to short. There is a ton of Explorers around here being junked. They rust out before they wear out. That's what I need to know, will a 1997 Explorer transfer case fit my tranny...
  5. D

Which shiftable transfer case do I need for my 1997 E-4WD Aerostar beach buggy?

I need to get serious about my beach buggy project. My aerostar will be like a 4X4 camper so I can surf fish at Cape Cod and Rhode Island beaches. I have found a clean 1997 AWD Aerostar. I am going to remove both front and rear bumpers and make new ones out of aluminum diamond plate. I want to...
  6. D

Rack and pinion removal help is needed.

Pretty big job. took longer than I expected. Of course the first thing I did was remove the bolt from the steering shaft at the universal. This bolt has no nut. Then there is two hydraulic lines, one from the pump and one to the oil cooler. These are all reached from the engine compartment...
  7. D

Post your WTB Aerostar parts here.

Yes, the ones on rock auto are the ones. They only list variable springs for the rear. Brian
  8. D

Did that. The R & P needs to slide out one side or the other but the steering wheel stub prevents it from fitting. So it means I need to take apart the take-apart cross member the anchors the front end to the van. I'm just checking if this is true or if there is a better way. Brian
  9. D

Hello, my rack and pinion started leaking, so I bought a new one. I've got my old R & P almost out but I'm stuck. It looks like I have to take apart the front cross member. The trouble is that the lower A arm is attached to the cross member. Does anyone here have any experience with this? I want...
  10. D

Post your WTB Aerostar parts here.

Desperatly Needed Drivers Side Windshield Wiper Splindle My hood on my 95 AeroStar blew up again. This time it broke the spindle that holds the windshield wiper arm and goes through the cowl. I need the spindle and directions of how to remove the old one and install the new one. You can email...
  11. D

Aerostar headlight switch replacement.

The pig tail head light switch connector is made by Echlin with a NAPA part #EC6. That and some stak-ons and di-electric grease and I am all set. Brian
  12. D

Sloppy shifter.

No Brooklyn. I don't own an electronic camera or a cell phone for that matter. It's not hard to find, just hard to get at. Brian
  13. D

$18 for the headlight switch from NAPA. The connector should be $12 and I think it will be from Elgin? It took quite a few calls to find this patch connector. The NAPA guy finally call his Factory Rep to get it for me. I will post when I get it the part # and price. Brian
  14. D

Sloppy shifter.

Hello. My shift handle has been "sloppy" for a while. Well the other night, it got worst. I went to shift into park after driving home and it wouldn't get past reverse. The next morning I noticed a gold colored pan cake head type machine screw on my floor mat. It turns out this is one of two...
  15. D

Hey Brooklyn Bay, I am way past the testing phase. I'm on fire!! Thanks for the reply Brooklyn. I tackled my headlight switch today. Switch comes out from the front. I had to pry off the plastic knee panel and I unscrewed the metal knee panel behind it. The metal panel does not have to be...
  16. D

Hello, My head lights just started going off. I smell plastic burning and they just go off. I don't think it is a short because the head lights are not blinking. When I shut them off and turn them back on, the head lights come back on. So I think it is a bad head light switch. How had is it to...
  17. D

Craigslist CO: ~`95 Aerostar!! - $2750 (Broomfield) - conversion with raised roof

There is also one in Oregon on Craigs. 1988 short w/b with a pop-up type camper. Was $900.00. I missed on one in FLA. Had a pop-up like the VW campers. Long wheel base barn doors and full galley. Went quick at $2700.00 it had low miles. I'm activly looking for a nice Aerostar camper to swap in...
  18. D

I need help removing the starter on a 1991 4.0L Aerostar with E-4WD.

Welcome here GMalex, You will need to remove the bolts on the front drive shaft at the transfer case. Take a screw driver between the two flanges to seperate them and that should let you raise up the front drive shaft. You can't remove the drive shaft, only raise it up. That will give you...
  19. D

97 Aerostar E-4WD camber issue.

Make sure it's not a wheel bearing {hub assembly} problem. Sounds like you need another shop for a free estimate. Brian
  20. D

My sliding door is stuck closed!

Still it wouldn't help you guys. I am a low tech redneck. Wood fired computer. 9" CRT. Dial up on a hill billie party line. And No USB connection. No Cell service in my area unless you go to the top of the hill. Plus I got to pick up cans to buy film for my Brownie. Brian
  21. D

The side door is now open. My wife worked on it today, as she is small enough to crawl over the front seats to get to it. The problem is at the handle location. She disconnected the horizontal drive rod that goes to the rear latch and turned the connector on the treaded horizantal drive rod to...
  22. D

Springs??

Ok, then is an "X" a 4.0L and a "U" a 3.0L? Brian
  23. D

Springs??

I need a clarification I think I found 2 Moog Cargo Coil Spring numbers Front #CC850 Rear #CC845 I think I need these for the Vin #X, not Vin #U as I have a E4X4 model. Can someone verifie that these are Cargo Coil Part Numbers? Can someone verifie that the Vin #X is for a E4X4 model...
  24. D

94 stick short wagon in NY on craigs

sale-m6k55-1676496516@craigslist.org 1994 green short wagon with a 5 speed stick. Hudson Valley NY craigs $1600.00 obo Brian
  25. D

Yes, I've been working on it. No, it's still stuck shut. When I pull the inside handle, the rear lock makes the 'clunk' sound like it has been unlatched, but no. Brian
Back