Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Adding a sunroof???

If I were you I would forget about putting it in. THey are nice for about a year or two. After that they all start to leak. I have never seen one that has not leaked. Mine leaks, the water rolls into the head liner and drips onto my stereo. On top of that it sucks when the water gets a bit...
  2. E

Who's stock tranny has outlasted mine??

when I change my tranny fluid on my wife's truck I just loosen one side of the pan and let it drian from there. Once it stops running from there I just remove the whole pan. No mess at all may get a bit on my hands but that is a given.
  3. E

Lots of symptoms, help me diagnose!

That is very interesting. I don't think you would need to mess wiht the fuel pump if you have replaced the regulartor. When my pump went crazy it totaly foulded up the regulator. What kind of gas do you use? Hopefully someone else will chime in here. I am running out of ideas.
  4. E

Lots of symptoms, help me diagnose!

First thing I would check is the computer codes. This will at least give you a good starting point depending on if you have some codes or there is nothing. I had the same problem with mine. THe computer codes reported a bad O2 sensor. Not always will this be the case though. In my truck the...
  5. E

Raidiator leak?

On my last flush I ran a presure test and found that I had two leaks. Now that it is getting warmer out they are starting to leak really bad. The two leaks are located at the top of the radiator right where the clips are. there are no holes, but it spits out antifreeze pretty bad. Is it...
  6. E

Rear gate broken???

Need some inventive advice. Some jerkoff left his chevy out of gear in my parking lot and it rolled into the back of my X. the nice part is that there is no body damage. The bad part is that when it hit my X it broke insides of the rear hatch. Anyone have any good ideas to get into the back...
  7. E

Computer codes?

I got the codes from my computer and I was wondering if you all could tell me what they are. Not sure I read them right though. here they are 116, 115, 16, 15, 6, 5. Thanks for the help
  8. E

Water Spots on the glass

I wash windows for a living and what I have found works best is a product called "A-MAZ" You just have to get the window really wet and rub this stuff on and then wash off with water. If that doesn't work the only other thing that will take them off is sulferic acid. I would highly recomend...
  9. E

Who's stock tranny has outlasted mine??

Well guys I think I have you all beat. Mine has 387k With stock motor and tranny. I think my clutch is about to go though. Still runs strong though.
  10. E

Beaver Town

It was just a warning. BCSO doesn't patrol all the time but they do go down there. I have seen them in expeditions and on Kawasaki KLR's. They like to hide in the bush. They mostly go out at night though, kids like to go down there and party, fires and that sort of thing. The place is owned...
  11. E

Beaver Town

Hey guys I hate to be the one to end the fun but I just wanted you all to know that beaver town is now patrolled by the county sheriffs. I was dowen there the other week and with a buddy and he was fined $1500 for tresspassing and his truck was towed away. It is fun down there and there is a...
  12. E

How come I cant Find any suspension lifts for Explorers?

First off, Welcome to the board! There are many lifts that you can get and it all depends on what you want. The lift also varies depending on what year explorer you have. some of the more common lifts are superlift, skyjacker, fabtech, rancho, ect.... Just in my opion if you go the cheap way...
  13. E

Willys Jeep

I would jump on that! My dad has exactly what you are describing and his is rusted to hell, but very beefy. Those things have gears from hell in them too. We don't use ours 4x4 even though it would rock. We put a huge snow plaw on the fron and mainly use it for winter snow. The nice thing...
  14. E

info, and a little help for a beginner

Welcome to the site! How long will it last? It all depends on how well you take care of it. I have all the origonal parts and mine is a 91 with over 487,000 miles. hope everything works out for you! again, welcome to the site!
  15. E

Where is Trail Info for Red River NM?

I have been wondering the very same thing. I know of a few poeple that might beable to give me some. I will talk to them and see if I can find out some specifics. The only other place I know of as to find info is here: http://www.4x4books.com/nm.htm hope that helps
  16. E

wanna take a road trip, worried about high miles

If you keep it in good condition and don't hear any weird noises or have bald tires you should do fine. Mainly make sure your fluids have been changed and everything runs fine. I have kept good care of my Explorer and curently I have over 487,000 miles on it. still runs like a charm (knock on wood)
  17. E

Here they are!

Hey I can see my headlight in the first pic! must been one of those many times you pulled me out! lol Looks really nice! I like the rear bumper and all of the changes!
  18. E

Deep water crossing be prepared

Okay......puddles. Is that better? What can I say.......I try. Dead Link Removed
  19. E

Deep water crossing be prepared

I have gone through my share of water.....mainly you want to be concerned about the intake first......don't let water get into the intake. next do the breather tube mod. you won't want water in there. the exaust is ok to have under water but you don't want to turn the engine off. my doors don't...
  20. E

Ramsey National Offroad Challenge Series

I just got the email today. That is weird...I wonder how they got my email address? o'well, It looks like a ton of fun.
  21. E

The Pumpkin's US tour :-)

Well, seeing that you are comeing into town maybe we all can get together? My baby is broken but if you and brian are going to hit the trails would you mind if I tagged along? Hope to talk to you all later.
  22. E

Matt Adams' PERSONAL before and after :)

That is cool. you are the first one to ever give me an honest answer. Everyone else I have asked that question doesn't know why they are doing what they are. Well one thing I can tell you is that when it all goes away if you feel that it is comeing back let me know. once mine went away I...
  23. E

I have to ask a question and please don't get upset with me. To each our own. Anyway...I wanted to ask why in the world someone would consider putting something on their face if it hurts and or dry's out your skin? I have had very bad acne..just as bad as matt. I tried a ton of drugs and all...
  24. E

Matt, looks really good. I too had bad acne although I went to the natural route. Once I heard all of the side affects to some of the other stuff I just couldn't do it. I am useing vitamin and face wash from a company called USANA. I looked as you did in the first pic and then two months later...
  25. E

Plugs.....

I don't think or as far as I know there is no tool that will pull the boot off. the only thing that I could suggest is to use some WD-40 and try to slip them off. Once that rubber gets old they tend to stick pretty good. I had this problem on one of my older cars. Couldn't get the little bugger...
Back