Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Push Button Ignition?

yeah i bought the new switch, and have my haynes... its just that you have to take apart 1/2 your truck to replace it... i was tryin to find a way around it haha... oh well --bryan
  2. S

Push Button Ignition?

Hey guys... Im having problems with my ignition switch... I can finagle (sp?) the key and get my car to stay running, but if i hit a big bump or sometimes (most of the time) when I try to start it, if i dont let it "rest" in the right spot, the engine dies... Ive been able to live with this...
  3. S

Typical cost of Tranny Rebuild?

Hey guys... my 91 5spd has about 150k miles on it, and its starting to slip. Ive not lost use yet, and so wanted to look into my options. Obviously Id rather fix somethin now, before big things go break. haha. Any ball park numbers for tranny fixin? Like I said... a 91 with a 5spd 4x2... when...
  4. S

Engine will fire, wont stay running - Nov 5, 2004

so here i sit, tryin to figure out where exactly the switch is... i have my replacemnt part, and it looks like what the picture in the Chiltons/Haynes manual shows... but... I dont see this part anywhere in my car! haha. I removed the lower instrument panel cover, the bottom of the steerin...
  5. S

Haha, dont worry, Ive been here long enough to take this advice with a grain of salt... There have been many times when I "thought" I knew what it might be... and then got to the shop and it was something different. Something like an ignition switch (autozone :: $8) I think I can chance the...
  6. S

Fortunately there is no airbag... as this is a 91. I never thought I would be glad at that fact... haha. Thanks for the heads up tho! Ill let you know what happens this afternoon. --Bryan
  7. S

Think Ill go ahead and replace the ignition switch tomorrow... and it that doesnt work ill do the fuel pump relay... thanks guys. --bryan
  8. S

ok so... i thought it was workin fine again... we replaced the IAC, I made several runs around town starting and stopping my engine... and now, ive come home, let it sit a few hours, and it has decided to stop working again. Ideas? Are there any things I can do to check the fuel pump? or any of...
  9. S

replaced IAC, and its workin again... for now. haha. thanks guys. --bryan
  10. S

Well lets see if I can recap all from today... I spoke with a man about "the problem". He said it sounds like the IAC. He is going to meet me in the morning to look over it. He suggested I try to give it lots of gas upon start up and see if i can get it to stay on... I did as he instructed...
  11. S

Hey guys, Its been a while since Ive been on the board... and that usually means things are runnin ok with my Ex... but Im back. :( I went out this morning to fire up my Ex. I can turn the key, get it to fire up, but the minute I let the key out of "start", and let it back into "on", the...
  12. S

Mustang Guys... what do you think?

thanks guys. makes sense now. --bryan btw... whats the shift pattern on a 3 spd... ? .2? 13? .13 13? or 2? or R2? Does that ? make any sense? haha
  13. S

Thanks for all your help SVO. Ill get in touch with you with that other info we discussed... also, on that 2nd ad I showed you... it listed a Rally Pac... haha, can ya fill me in? thanks man... --Bryan
  14. S

Hey guys, Ive got my explorer, and its not horrible... but its startin to get there. Im interested in a new car, and one option I want to investigate... a classic mustang. I found a 1968 Mustang here in Houston, for $8500. Seems to be in good shape... I havent seen it personally yet tho...
  15. S

Anyone from Houston?

Used to be from Houston... Well I guess Im still FROM Houston, but live in Dallas now... So I guess I dont count. --Bryan
  16. S

Price to replace radiator?

$286 installed... its new aluminum. however, im still having overheating issues. I talked to the owner of the shop today and its going back in first thing in the morning. I dont let things like this upset me horribly... as long as it gets fixed correctly in a decent amount of time. They usually...
  17. S

Price to replace radiator?

What is the going rate for replacing a radiator? My ex is in the shop and I was quoted around 300... does this seem right? Pls let me know! Thanks guy. --Bryan PS - its a 91 5 spd with 145k miles. Bypassed Heater Core and no working A/C.
  18. S

sub install problem - April 2, 2004

you guys hit it right on. Thanks to Explorer94GV who walked me thru it on AIM and answered all my dumb questions. Its up and running now. It only took what, 3 hours? shees, thats what it would've taken if I had gone to Best Buy anyways... stupid long lines and waiting areas haha. Thanks again...
  19. S

sub install problem - April 2, 2004

Hey guys, I have decided to re-install my sub in my explorer. It was originally in my 2003 Sport, but when I sold it, I took it out. Today I bought a new wire set (power wires and such) and I am followed my logical instructions. Red Power Wire to Amp (inline fuse). Amp Grounded to...
  20. S

Overheating, Leaking, In the Shop Now...

Yeah, sure enough... heater core... $225 to replace ( I think NOT) or $50 to bypass it... I said bypass it, and Ill fix it myself later... I dont have time to fix it myself now, so Ill just suck it up and pay for it. I didnt mention this but when I went to start my car to take it to the shop, it...
  21. S

How much will it run a mechanic? How hard is it to replace/fix? --Bryan
  22. S

Alright, so my 91 XLT has been acting up lately. I noticed a little while back that she would get warm, so I added coolant/water to the dry resevoir. No big deal, probably a small leak... I checked the resevoir consistently after that. Not really any more leaking. No more heating up, so more...
  23. S

Aftermarket HU's how long has yours lasted?

DEH-P7200 3 years, and its just starting to skip. I need to clean it. --Bryan the Intern
  24. S

Mazda3 or Mazda6

I like the looks of the 6, but was at the Auto show today and sat in a 3. It was nice. Fully loaded with GPS navigation and all the bells and whistles for only about 20,000. Not too bad... --?Bryan
  25. S

russell's 96 LTD..anchorage,AK

I like the new tail light paint a lot better than the first! Good job! And I think those decals look pretty nice. A slight touch of "cheese factor" but still cool none the less... Greatlooking truck man. --Bryan
Back