Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

how much snow?

Bring some of that down this way. Its been a pathetic winter so far here
  2. A

hella black magic input?

They aren't as bright as my old ones (forgot what they were) but they do the job and look a ton better.
  3. A

New Member: Max

Welcome, this is a great place for info. People are very helpful here.
  4. A

What are the biggest tires I can get on a factory Explorer?

Pretty sure 31's are the max you'd be able to do, but check the link above. It has good info.
  5. A

Stuck low range 4 wheel drive ford ex 93 sport?

Give the shift motor a couple wacks with a hammer to at least get it back to 2WD, sometimes it grease in there gets hard and crumbly. Then it'll have to probably need serviced.
  6. A

Lift is done... Tires are on!!!

Lookin good!
  7. A

Jack's SAS version 3.0

I never added up mine. I don't really wanna know. Good luck!
  8. A

funny 4x4 sayings

"I don't have to outrun anything I can run over first" "I understand that Jeep thing, thats why I drive a Ford" "Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once" "I brake for.....Oh ****! No brakes!"
  9. A

I'm not sure I'm liking Ford right now.

Did it start/run good from the shop?
  10. A

Colorado Colors Run 09

I'll be tentatively in. Depending on if I think my Explorer can make the trip then actually do some wheeling. lol
  11. A

My wife is glad I found this site

Welcome! You'll find everything here you'll need. This site has helped me a lot
  12. A

hella 500 vs kc daylighters..

KC,s are crap in my opinion. And I wouldn't think they'd be brighter at all than the Hellas. I'd stick with Hella
  13. A

front tow hooks

I'll have to check, but I think there is a hole on the other side enough to get your fingers into to get the nut on.
  14. A

lifting my ’91 ex again. Questions!

I agree 32's with a 10" lift will look pretty bad, I don't currently have sway bars but with the added offset and tire width helps with the stability, still lots of body roll, but without too much risk of rolling. Extended radius arms will creat more flex and will be less to get hung up on since...
  15. A

Automotive Customizers are willing to make us some snorkles.

I'll be interested in one if they ever get made. Can't really help out with the testing though :( EDIT: I'd be interested in bumpers too :)
  16. A

Off-Road Light Options

i think you can get a couple Hellas for around that price
  17. A

Maiden Voyage

Ouch. Hope everyone is ok.
  18. A

94' Advice

I would also vote for the 3" body lift. That was the first lift i got and it was an awesome setup with 31-32's
  19. A

I knew I shouldn't hang around here....

Yeah, God knows how much I've spent on my Explorer after finding this site. I've never added it up cause I'm scared to. Your truck is looking good!
  20. A

X-Box teaser pics

:drool: I think I'm in love. lol Thats is sweet
  21. A

serpentine belt

It could, if the pully is not spinning with the belt its creating friction. Thats probably the problem
  22. A

tranny problems

sounds like its going. How many miles are on the tranny? The tranny's we have are crap unfortunately. I had to change mine the first time at around 120k miles, then again at 165k
  23. A

Can I

Anythin is possible, but not always simple. I'd def swap out the engine, tranny, and t/c all at the same time :)
  24. A

D44 and ford9 "

Yeah, I don't think there are two people who've used the same setup as another. I pretty much used axles/suspension from a early bronco. Here are a couple threads I had going http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76583 http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89476
Back