Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Shift to Park Warning

You would think that the dealer you bought the car from, asking price!, would treat you better. Next closest dealer is 45 minuets away & worst than the one that's 5 minuets away.
  2. G

Shift to Park Warning

Anyone else have these problems? First black screen lasted about 3 days before I got the system updating screen & all seemed well again. Month later it happened again so off to the dealer it went. I have also been dealing with the shift to park problem for almost a year, well before the black...
  3. G

2012 Exp Clear coat peeling

After a long frustrating conversation of them trying to explain that the "engineers" of fords paint division that reviewed the photos decided to deny the claim saying that they do not warranty paint jobs done by a 3rd party. I had no freaking idea what they were talking about. I had someone back...
  4. G

Again, it has nothing to do with the dealer or body shop its whom ever at Ford that deals with factory warranty's that determined this from the photos. I have real "road damage" from stones & A Holes banging their doors into mine but this is clearly not the case. I am supposed to hear back...
  5. G

The dealer is not the one who denied the claim Ford company has directly denied it. I called Ford directly to try to get an explanation as to why it was denied & I got some long BS explanation as to the process of how the clear coat is applied blah blah blah & that they have not had a case like...
  6. G

Ford denied the paint Just herd back from the dealer & I was told some lame bullshit excuse about how they will not warranty the pealing clear coat. WTF!! the ####ing car is less than 3 years old & only has 20k on it. You ####ing SUCK & this is the last ford I will ever buy.
  7. G

Here we go again. I am having no luck what so ever with this almost 50K Explorer Limited. I had to have the hood replaced & repainted due to the aluminum hood corroding. Both left & right windshield trip pieces replaced because they were falling off. Found out that someone had broken the clips...
  8. G

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Update: The paint shop deemed that the hoods corrosion is to far into the seam & they would not be able to guarantee the work. The 3rd party had to make the call for the dealer & now they are replacing the hood. Now I have to play games with back & forth with picking up & then yet again dropping...
  9. G

I am set to have the hood painted on the 17th. This was the last straw for me. Once the good weather gets here I am cutting my losses with this POS & getting myself a beater to drive. WAY to much BS to have to deal with a brand new vehicle that cost me 48K.
  10. G

I spoke with the dealer & was informed that the hood & door skins are aluminum & in one breath stated that he never her of this paint problem & in the next stated that they have been having these issues ever since they started using the aluminum in the mustangs. They have submitted photos &...
  11. G

I placed a call to the dealer & they told me to bring it in so they can look at it. I hope there is a better fix than just throwing more paint on it. I am getting fed up as well. You spend a small fortune for something that you expect to last you at the very least 10 years. I still cant...
  12. G

I bought it brand new off the lot. Service person I spoke to at my local Ford dealer said that it was steel but by the corrosion its obvious that its aluminum.
  13. G

2012 explorer paint issues I just noticed 2 places on the hood where the paint is starting to bubble. Its on the edge & wraps to the underside of the hood where there is white powder under the paint almost like when aluminum starts to corrode. I have 15k local miles on this. Is the paint...
  14. G

Few minor issues '12 limited 4x4

Ah forgot to add millage in my PM to you. I am a little over 14k
  15. G

Updated 9/2/13 with 3.6.2 Another minor idem is the ambient lighting keeps switching back to default settings. Only happened 2 times in the last 3 months but its annoying when you shell out so much money for something you kinda want it working 100%
  16. G

Yeah already tried that in manual mode & still dose the same thing
  17. G

So far I am pleased with my now 2 year old 14k Explorer but there are a few small but annoying things going on. The few issues like windshield noise I see there is a fix for but I stumped the dealer with a serpentine belt that slips when it is damp out & especially when I hit a puddle. All they...
  18. G

Wind Buffeting Noise When Window Open!!!

Oh if that only worked. All you wind up with is a teen in a *****y mood & A wife even *****er :(
  19. G

I also stated that I do not have the sun roof. Cracking the windows dose stop the noise but also dose not offer much ventilation ether. I personally have no problem driving with all windows down its the wife & kids that have the issue & when one of them put the window up your ear drums dam near...
  20. G

The '98, which I still own, has no problems with only having one window down, 2 windows down, 3 or 4. I never had to play games with setting the windows in a certain way. The "hammering" is so bad in the '12 your freaking ears will bleed. I understand most new vehicles experience this but no...
  21. G

Slightly cracked, yes, but that dose not really offer much airflow.
  22. G

Dose not make any difference at all. I tried every window configuration combo believe me. All cars do not do this by the way. I never had this problem with my '98 EX XLT & for that fact never had this issue with any of my vehicles except for my wife's Town & Country.
  23. G

Dose anyone else have the, for lack of a better term, "wind hammer" when you have the windows part way down? I ether have to keep all windows all the way down or all the way up to not get the noise. I do not have a sun roof so take that out of the mix. I am thinking of installing the in...
  24. G

Bull bar question

Yeah I finally noticed the picture after I replied.
  25. G

Bull bar question

here is the site I found. http://www.policeone.com/police-products/vehicle-equipment/push-bumpers/ Damage? Not on mine. I am just looking for mods that will make it stand out a little with out braking the bank or mangling the vehicle.
Back