Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. $

Instrument Gauges

The temp gauge moves when heater is on the whole cluster is most likely shot but took the tach and cleaned it it seemed to work while ideling once I drove it did the same thing again. thanks for the reply guys ill probably tach some pics to show my problems and of the back of the cluster.
  2. $

Instrument Gauges

Ok I have a few questions I hope you all can come up with some answers or point me in the right direction. I have a 1992 mazda navajo two wheel drive five speed mostly stock ive been having theses issues since I bought it. -First off my fuel gauge and tach do not work and quite honestly not...
  3. $

my diy 4.0 ohv turbo build

stock gaskets and everything and how did u mess with the ecu to trick it into accepting boost considering it runs of vaccum and now its being forced air could u give me a list of everything used like the bov and wastegate and how much did everything cost from start to scratch any ideas where to...
  4. $

where did u get your flanges for your turbo and did u actually route a down pipe down im looking forward to run a t3 t4 on like ten pounds in my two wheel drive mazda navajo what other parts have your upgraded like gaskets are they doubled up stocks or after market
  5. $

im interested in a step by step with your build im planning on doing mine on the cheap and want it to last
  6. $

Turbocharging 4.0 ???

yes i do and i was seeing if i got a response back from any one dealing with turboing a 4.0
  7. $

Turbocharging 4.0 ???

did u ever turbo the navajo
  8. $

how much did the whole kit cost from start to finish? Where did you get the turbo and how thick are the flanges? Is there any other head work or is it just threw together and with low boost stock injectors?
  9. $

94 explorer trans probs

the trans doesnt take gear lube its automatic tranny fluid burnt my first five speed up like that mine got stuck in third inside the trans and didnt matter if you actually shifted the trans with the shifter it stayed in third you might want to look for another trans
  10. $

Gapping for spark Plugs

.54 is what i always gap mine to my emission sticker says to and i found thats where the plugs perform the best
  11. $

02 sensor questions

Lander this is a forum do i really need to worry about my grammar see most people are very capable to read my comments and im sorry if i offended you. If you work at autozone i know your not used to actually turning wrenches and i apoligize for my grammar ill start writing better. Just because...
  12. $

02 sensor questions

yeah ive been to probably every part store around where i live and they all seem to be idiots next time i will go to like mc donalds and ask someone for the parts and might get more of a response and knowledge i only deal with like advance or napa or ill order them from the local performance...
  13. $

02 sensor questions

half the people that work at autozone our most likely high school drop outs and dont know **** about cars i like it when u go there and they turn the computer screen and ask you if the part even looks like that and they have no idea what they are looking at there selves ask them one time for a...
  14. $

Tranny compatibility?

depends on if you have the mazda trans or not run the numbers on your trans u just got to remeber when looking that if its a newer trans it may not be exactly right even if it bolts up the older ones had speedo cables and the newers use a full electric vehicle speed sensor
  15. $

rev limiter

its ignition
  16. $

rev limiter

are you sure its actually back firing or is it just hitting the limiter might sound like its on a two step or launch control since you do have rear cats removed and glass packs and side exhaust if thats the x we are talking about
  17. $

Need Help ... gas & black residue in upper intake

so your claiming that seafoam doesnt clear up carbon build up my98nnj
  18. $

Best Way to Hook Up Amplifier

it cost you 500 to get it installed thats outrageous
  19. $

White smoke...

cant beat a 4.0 best motor i have had and ive had more then ten ranging from 4.0s all the way up to 460s all motor and nitrous
  20. $

Aftermarket radio with OEM power antenna?

the remote is for a amp its the signal wire that tells the amp to turn on there has to be a power attenna wire somewhere
  21. $

94 explorer wouldnt start

well just go over your whole starting and charging system and look for any possible problems just because you make think they are clean it still might help to clean them takes no time at all its a good way to tackle your problem
  22. $

ignition

i have a 1992 mazda navajo in search of going fast and getting better gas mileage has anyone put a msd 6al ignition on a 4.0 yet and if so where to start im shooting to atleast be able to run 13.00s all motor i alredy have a cam ported and polished intake manifold good plugs wires and ac delete...
  23. $

94 explorer wouldnt start

check your connections on the solenoid for build up just clean them with a wire brush remeber which wires go where
  24. $

blown tansimission! HELP!

its not that hard to change the trans but your going to need a buddy to help with the lifting to the transfer case and tranny yes you can do it with a jack its so much easier and faster to man handle it the only downfall is getting a little dirty so throw some old clothes on and go to town
  25. $

Aftermarket radio with OEM power antenna?

off of your head unit there is a blue wire sometimes with a white tracer it says power antenna that should be your answer to it if you have any more questions message me
Back