Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

My new GTO - to me at least..

I got a cam stabbed into it Friday along with an underdrive pulley, laid down 411/376 after all was said and done. The 6sp manual cars with this same cam package are putting down 430hp/390 ft/lbs so I am at about 510 at the motor now. I should have some track times before too long and hope to...
  2. G

Haha.. there are SO MANY fast cars out there these days, if you ever think you are even a bit fast you will get left. I am reminded of this every time I go to the track haha.
  3. G

ran a 12.88 @ 106.7 with headers/stall/tune - not bad.
  4. G

Yeah, your grille is 10x better that what we have over here, lots of people are getting the HSV conversion done for some MAJOR $$. I had my long tubes installed along with my converter and a dyno/ street tune and picked up 40 rwhp and 35 ft/lbs. I am hoping that will put me in the 12s this...
  5. G

Updates - just bought long tube headers, a Fuddle 3600 stall, intake and am getting full street/dyno tune this weekend. With my drag radials and the above mods I hope to be in the 12.80 range, we will see. I have a few more things coming in the near future.... cough cam cough spray cough...
  6. G

I replaced the exhaust for sound only, no power gains to speak on. I have the LS2 6.0 also, so far so fun.
  7. G

Right at 21k - not bad for a 4 seat corvette (sorta). Next up will be either suspension or heads/cam. I absolutely love the way it sounds, very sinister.
  8. G

The back seat is descent, I can haul people without much of an issue, kids should be fine.
  9. G

I should be around 13.55 @ 105 when I get to the track and it is not 100 degrees. Right now the best I have been able to run was a 13.95 @ 100.25, I will update in 2 months after the Ga vs Fla GTO event, should be at mid 13s by then. On the subject of horsepower, the stock system on these...
  10. G

2005 LS2 GTO - Auto (atl traffic in an manual SUCKS). I have since installed a full flowmaster cat-back with an h-pipe. To say it sounds sick would be an understatement and this thing hauls ass compared to every other vehichle I have had, i.e. trucks.
  11. G

Worst stuck pic thread

Yeah... and i want it back real bad... it is nice to have a 100% reliable truck, there was a lot of damage to my Durango after that trip that caught up to me about a month after I got back from Crozet/Uhwarrie. I wish I would have just got it fixed and still had something to wheel but I didnt...
  12. G

Worst stuck pic thread

Yeah... that was me in the background before my truck really had anything on it. He actually tried to go through once and go stuck and I was able to get him out but we didnt have any pictures. Sooooo, he went back in again to get some pics and we were just that bored and there was no way in...
  13. G

Return from Crozet 2006 Photos

Haha, I should have had you sign the back of my truck on your dent. Believe it or not, that thing popped out and was almost unnoticable. I will get a beater in a few years and will be back on the trails again, hopefully I will be able to hang with yall. If I cant then I will just give it...
  14. G

Almost makes me want to go find my Durango and buy it back... I am going to have to convince myself that I should take my new truck offroad. Hmm..maybe in 59 months.
  15. G

Dodge 4.7L reliability?

It was a great motor for all 70k miles I had it, and I wore teh **** out of it. I never had the first problem with it, apart from some cooling problems right before I traded it in. Mine was in a Durango, I had a CAI and exhaust and a cutout and it powered right along just fine, and it sounded...
  16. G

I love this truck, maybe it just sounded like I didnt. The Durango was a blast for sure, I loved it. Maybe one day I can buy it back and start chopping everything off.
  17. G

It had cooling issues that were not solved with the first 1000 dollar stab and I was not willing to put much more into it because there were some things that needed to be fixed soon also. It overheated when the dealership was appraising it and I would assume that it is still overheating on the...
  18. G

Thanks a lot, that is gonna make me miss my Durango, or having a truck that I was willing to take off road haha. I look forward to seeing the pics.
  19. G

I got a new truck..

So far so good, it is on par with the Explorer and the Durango, it definately has the best seats out of the bunch. Thanks for the comments guys!
  20. G

I got a new truck..

HAHAHAHAHHA. Well, I figure if I try every single domestic car company then I will be able to give a good honest opinion on them all right?
  21. G

I got a new truck..

Well, I am now twice removed from my explorer. My Durango had some issues that I felt were too costly for what it was worth, so I let it go. I absolutely loved that truck, and only got to use the sliders once, but it was one hell of a weekend in Crozet and Uhwarrie when I did get to use them...
  22. G

Feeler Thread..Tellico this weekend?

Would anyone be interested in messing around up there this weekend? I start work in the real world for the rest of my life monday and I figure this would be something fun to do before that happens. Just ride Saturday and maybe a half day Sunday?
  23. G

Late Fall Tellico Run

There are surely plenty of them, you wont be dissapointed.
Back