Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Changing Differential Oil

Why do you suggest 75-140? I looked online and at Amsoil's site and it says 75w-90 !!
  2. P

ok thanks
  3. P

How and what is used to seal the cover back up? Is it high temp RTV or ?? Do I put the cover on with it still wet or semi set up? On the Amsoil site, it looks like it calls for 75w-90. I happen to have that actually- their severe gear type, full synthetic. No additives. I have a standard...
  4. P

Im wanting to change my rear diff oil this weekend and wanted to get a understanding on what needs to be done. I have a 04 Sport Trac, 2 wd. If anyone has done this on their 04 and would mind sharing the steps or tips that would be great. Here are some of my questions: What type of oil...
  5. P

LED Daytime Running Lights

yea i was just burning some free time thinking of ideas in hopes that someone already took the plunge and tried it.
  6. P

those vents look horrible......I think yall are thinking I want led's all over my truck....they would simply be going on the outer edge of the headlight : bottom of the housing and up to the outer side.
  7. P

Has anyone installed the LED strip style daytime running lights on their sport trac?? I like how it looks on the Audi cars and have seen it on some trucks recently...
  8. P

Looking for premium pioneer system amplifier for my 04 sport trac.

think my 04 xlt has the same.....
  9. P

Hate my headlights!

It seems the bi xenon bulb has a very spotty pattern vs a standard xenon which blends the light more. Yes the bulb (size) is the same but I noticed the bi xenon glass is a bit different. Ill try and get some pics up here for you later. And yes the light in the headlights and fogs is blinding...
  10. P

Hate my headlights!

put hids in the fog lights too, you can keep the 6000k look or go way yellow for a true fog light.
  11. P

Passenger Door Lock Not working

sounds like the actuator, happened on mine. Can you get the door to even open?
  12. P

How to: Remove and replace door latch assembly

this happened to me today, I am hoping to tear into it this weekend :)
  13. P

Wet seat belt???????

I ran a bead of silicone on the gasket when I replaced mine for good measure. So far so good ;)
  14. P

Rear End Noise

would i be a good idea to change the shocks anyway?? Im at 70,000 miles and can you just lube the bushings and leaf springs?? What would be good to use??
  15. P

Rear End Noise

I noticed a squeek noise on my rear end when going over speedbumps or dips in the road for a few months now. If I jump on the bed of the truck it makes this same noise. I brought it to a shop for a car inspection and mentioned the nosie to him and he said it was the rear shocks. Well I got...
  16. P

Bi-Xenon on a X-Sport Trac - Help

the thing is with the single beams was almost as bright as it is with the pic of the lows and fogs together. I will try a road pic this weekend if I can.
  17. P

i agree. Even on the road it is scattered. I really dont like them, I only will pop them in for car inspections I guess. I will try the single bulb in a few days or so, I need my inspection to pass for the year again. LOL The bi-xenon bulb is def. longer so even in the hi beam position...
  18. P

here are some pics: the first one was the old single beam on the headlights, I really still think they were brighter and might put those pulbs back in after I get my car inspected. The second pic is of the bi xenon in low beam- im not too impressed with the brighness, I think bc that...
  19. P

ya, they had the harness wrong, the brown was ground and the blue is high and white is low. they had the white in the ground spot and brown for the highs. :rolleyes: Got it fixed though :)
  20. P

No instructions.......I did contact them and they are looking into it and told me the Brown wire on their kit is the ground. which does not match up with the oem plug. Im waiting for a reply back.
  21. P

I got it at http://www.plasmagarage.com/XenonHIDconversionKit.html The kit plug is connected like this right now Orange => HiBeam (Lt.Green/Black) White => Ground (Black) Blue => LoBeam (White/Lt.Green) How safe is it to switch these wires around?? I dont want to short anything out...
  22. P

I have a 04 explorer sport trac. I just got a Bi-xenon kit for my headlights with a wiring harness and a single HID kit for my fogs. After the install, when I turn my headlights on, they automatically go to hi beams. (The bulb get pulled inward). If I turn the Highs on, the bulb gets pushed...
Back