Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

can fog lights be on when high beams are?

Yes, you will need to do a search for the pictures and things but it is very easy to do. The basic idea is you pull a relay from the little box to the right side of your airbox. The second group of relays will have two or three in the group and you just cut one of the pins off and put it back...
  2. W

What Stock Gear Ratio?

4.10 LS, 99 4-Door SOHC, Eddie Bauer. I get between 18-22 on average.
  3. W

Whoops...

The funny part for you is, you will look back on them some day and wish you were there again. I guess I am about 13-14 years older than you and it seems like a world ago. I will kill to have a few more Fridays like I had at your age. I just want to take what I know now with me. I would know to...
  4. W

Worst Accident Ever...

The car got turned around before the crash took place. The passenger side was hit on the tree, oppsite of the debris. The car must have gone airbore and turned around in the air. The large pieces may have landed down and not across as it might have had it come from the road. Strange things...
  5. W

Superlift 4" suspension lift for explorers

Thanks guys, in just 3 easy posts you have given me a ton of information. I have been here searching for a while and have been weighing the price difference of the suspension lift versus body lift. Your trucks are examples of what I want to do with mine and welcome the help you have given. I...
  6. W

Superlift 4" suspension lift for explorers

I think this link is very nice to have. Things change all the time and if its not brought up then some new information may not be found. I still dont have much information for the 4" Superlift for my '99 EB. I found an excelent write-up of another EB but he used a body lift, TT, and shackles. I...
  7. W

Speedo Gear.. What do I need...

Its more expensive, but the power programer from Apten will change that setting. The programer will test for codes and change settings for better performance also. I dont have one myself but that is what I read.
  8. W

First Water, Then Fire

Lucky nothing major happened. I buy a home waranty for $456 a year that covers all that stuff. If the tank goes out I pay $35 and it gets replaced by a pro and any damage caused by the leak get repaired. Glad to hear it did not burn more.
  9. W

2000xl vibration

I had a set of bad tires balanced several times and never got rid of the vibration. I bought new better tires and problem solved. I think I did the balance thing 3-4 times and it never was right. I still have a light vibration from time to time but nothing like it used to be. The tires really...
  10. W

How to remove tailgate interior piece?

To answer your question about the panel it is held in place by clips. I think I might have had a screw to take out at the very top near the latch point but other than that it just snaps in place. Find a spot on the bottom of the panel and pull hard, it will come off.
  11. W

Key pad code

To change the code after you find your original just input your new 5 digit code within 3 seconds of entering the first. In other words, enter original, enter new right after, all set. The code for my 99 is in the compartment where the jack is housed like someone else here mentioned.
  12. W

Gas Mileage

My truck is a stock 99 EB V6 4x4. I get about 19 around town and about 23 on the highway. Around town a tank will get me about 350 miles and on the highway I get around 425. I have no idea how big my tank is but the message center normally says 19 to 20 average. Also, I have 75K and all original...
  13. W

Bikes or roof

Ha, I was about to say something about that. One thing thats nice about buying a rack is the little tag that comes with the rack to remind you "Thule On Top".
  14. W

Front suspension creaking

Do what I do. Wait for something to break all the way or fall off. I have a noise similar to yours but I have no idea what it is either. I think mine is something to do with the 4-wheel drive. It could be a shock or something. Can you shake your truck and hear the noise with the truck parked...
  15. W

Roadside tool kit? What should I have?

The one thing I would add to these kits is a wrench that is sized for the pully tensioner(sp). Friend had a belt go out but could not put a new one on because he could not move the pulley with his hands.
  16. W

buying new...$$ question

Man I want a new Explorer. I went to buy one and my final price with tax and all was going to be 33,000. I could not let go of the money and will have to wait for a good used one to come around. Congrats on the new EB and good luck to the new buyer.
  17. W

Sunroof closeing

I have seen things that work with alarm systems that will close a convertable car if it starts to rain. It will sense moisture and close the roof or the windows. Just ask someone from your local alarm shop.
  18. W

Can someone post a picture of a tire setup?

On second thought, I like how yours looked. I think I will go a little bigger.
  19. W

WOW, your truck looks great in those pictures. I hope I get a chance to clean mine soon. Right now it is just too cold. Thanks for the pictures. I think I will go with the stock size since I don't plan to do any work to my truck for a while or maybe ever. My focus right now is on a bigger house...
  20. W

Pirelli Scorpion A/T owners, help please!

I do not own these tires myself but I thought I would point you to the www.tirerack.com website. There were 275 reviews of the tire and it rates in the excelent catagory for all parts of the review. I have read that others here like the tire as well. The only people that will steer you away...
  21. W

If you don't mind digging up the photo I would like to see it. I am just trying to get an idea of what it will look like. Phillip
  22. W

I am thinking about buying 275/70/16 tires for my stock 99' Eddie Bauer 4wd. I did a search and found a few links about the tires and see that they should fit ok but there were no pictures. If someone has a stock height Explorer with the 275/70 size tire can you post a picture of your truck? I...
  23. W

Factory Air Shocks

I think that maybe I only have the air shocks in the rear. I read in a couple of other posts about people having this in the front but I can't find any air lines there. I was told to just disconnect the lines in the rear and cap them with vacuum caps. I want to use the Eddlebrock shocks and they...
  24. W

Factory Air Shocks

I found what I needed to know. I guess noone else here has this option on there truck.
  25. W

Factory Air Shocks

What are my options for replacement of my factory air shocks in the rear of my 99 EB? I want to use better shocks but I am afraid I will have to go back to the dealer to get new ones. Thanks in advance. Phillip
Back