Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Solved Regulator window switch working in reverse - up is down/down is up

Yup. Harness wired wrong. Just flipped it around. I couldn't get the wires out of the harness, so I just shaved down the plastic ridges on the harness in order to make it fit the other way. Thanks, all.
  2. S

Solved Regulator window switch working in reverse - up is down/down is up

My rear passenger window in my '02 crapped out. I replaced it with an aftermarket regulator/motor assembly. It works, but at both the master switch and rear door window switch, to put it up you press down and vice versa. No wiring was changed. Any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix...
  3. S

passenger window problem

rlgdguy, I have the same issue. Replaced the regulator/motor and on both the master and door switch, up is down and down is up. It worked properly before I had to replace the reg. Were you able to figure out how to fix it?
  4. S

Hello new member here. Help needed removing radiator from '02 Mountaineer.

Is the AC condenser connected to the radiator/trans cooler assembly? I am trying to replace the radiator in my '02 Explorer and don't want to mess with the AC system.
  5. S

2002 Radiator Replacement

Anyone ever switch out a 2002-2005 4.0 radiator? I am not seeing how to access the lower bolts. Do I have to pull the entire assembly out condenser, trans cooler and radiator? I have the fan shroud off and the upper brackets and bolts off, but have hit a stopping point. The manual...
  6. S

mileage display not very bright

Worked Perfectly My display was fading, then out, then normal, then fading. There were some obvious cold joints, but I just resoldered all of the transistor connections. Works like a charm. Thanks for the post!
  7. S

Power windows not working

Solved I had no power to the windows at the driver's switch or at each door. The switches were not illuminated either. Tested with a meter and came up dead. Still had power to locks though. Pulled out the rubber boot between the door and frame and found the culprit: Broken ground...
  8. S

2002 Explorer Sounds Like Steam Engine When Cold Starting

The car drives fine. There doesn't seem to be any loss of power. I also physically checked the plugs and they are intact. I am not getting any trouble codes with a scanner. How can you test the IAC and EGR systems as well as check for an exhaust leak? Thanks.
  9. S

2002 Explorer Sounds Like Steam Engine When Cold Starting

I have a 2002 Explorer with 126K miles. At 100K, the belt, plugs and wires were replaced. The vehicle is parked outside, and in the mornings, it sounds like a steam engine when it is up and running. It takes about 10 minutes of driving before the sound fades. You can hear it both...
Back