Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

left turn signal not working

My truck's problem ended up being the same as X6StringerX. I used a zip tie instead of electrical tape and all is fine now.
  2. P

turn signal no worky!

While trying to figure out a left turn signal not working problem I too replaced the flasher. The new part from Ford does not have the sixth prong either. Mine was not the problem. A loose connector on the MFS switch was the problem.
  3. P

left turn signal not working

I just had the exact same thing happen this weekend. The problem had been intermittant the last few weeks. The truck is not driven often. My wife and daughter both told me about it and the problem went away when I cycled the turn signal switch up and down a few times last week. So, now it is...
  4. P

4x4 clunk

Thanks for the good info:thumbsup:
  5. P

4x4 clunk

I think I hear my Mom calling...:eek: Seriously, time to seriously consider the used transfer case. I wish I new if there was a way to bypass the control and manually lock up the transfer case. Somewhere on the computer I read that the control unit even factors in steering input. If the...
  6. P

4x4 clunk

Wow UxHamby, I'd be looking to fix that on your schedule. I don't understand your mechanics "wait to see if it gets worse" advice. Does he have a tow truck service too? You could end up with a tow bill when the transfer case blows, plus your vehicle is out of service at an unplanned time...
  7. P

4x4 clunk

I'd try maxcr3's recommendation first. I would change it a twice. I wouldn't use Amsoil. I like to use International Harvester Hy-Trans. I would change it, drive the vehicle a few miles, and change it again. You would be out about an hour of time and 3 qts of tranny fluid. I've...
  8. P

No start when hot on a 96 Explorer XLT 4.0.

I am by no means an expert on this truck, but here are some ideas. First off, how to check for grounds: You will need a multi meter. If you don't have one, they can be found for around $5. Harbor Frieght sells Centech brand ones on sale for <$4. I have one in the house, one in the...
  9. P

2000 Ford Explorer "Lake Lida Edition"

I have been careful to listen to it. It sounds like a new motor when it starts cold. I have to run 5w-40 semi-synthetic diesel oil in my 5.4 Triton just so it doesn't make so much clatter at start-up. And that vehicle sits in a heated shop!
  10. P

Lake Lida Edition Newbie

I'm the proud owner of a 2000 Explorer "Lake Lida Edition". It has 104Kmiles and I am the second owner. The first owner was the comptroller for Valley Ford in Fargo, ND. He took exceptional care of the truck. It is SO clean. It has the SOHC V-6 with an automatic tranny. I'm going to ask my...
  11. P

2000 Ford Explorer "Lake Lida Edition"

I just bought this truck so my wife would have something to get around with on the not so nice days. Lake Lida is a big lake in Ottertail County MN. I think the truck is an Eddie Bauer Edition, but the factory had the pin stripe logo made special. She replaced her '99 Chevy Tahoe (I've never...
  12. P

4x4 clunk

I just bought a 2000 with 104k miles on it on Thursday, and it clunks if taking off on ice while in auto. If I have it in 4x4 high it never clunks. I think the clunk is normal while it engages the auto. I don't know the first thing about how this truck works but I have had a few 4x4s in my...
Back