Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Rancho RS5000 Part Number

Rancho Rebate the 4wheelonline has a great price and you can can advantage of the rebate from them also. If you get the 5000's you can get them for around $100!
  2. I

Broken ignition switch?

ok... i figured it out... i just wish that my dang haynes manual went into enough detail so as I didn't have to do things the hard way.. there are two accuator links that run from the lock cylinder to the starting accuator. the pin between the two links had broken free from each other. in...
  3. I

Broken ignition switch?

Broken ignition cylinder or something in the steering column? ok, went out to the explorer this morning because the wife said that she couldn't start it. I jumped in and oddly enough the clock on the radio was on even though the key wasn't in. hmmm... I put the key in the ignition and the...
  4. I

Hub Ford Part Number

Hey, would anybody here happen to know the part number for the hub/bearing in a '95-'01 4x4 Explorer. I am in need of replacing them and I call my local Ford Dealer and they need an axle number... well I sure don't have that little tag anywhere up there, so they can't help me. thanks guys
  5. I

Installed CB and Roof Rack lights!!! CHECK IT OUT!!

well i'll take the wheels offa your hands.. I want a normal spare and not that ugly black one.. i'll give you a call
  6. I

Installed CB and Roof Rack lights!!! CHECK IT OUT!!

hey Matt that looks freaking awesome! where did you get the lights from? Now I wanna do it, except they will go on the custom front bumper I am fabbing up.. ;) hey buddy, you need to email me your number, cuz I lost all my numbers when I formatted my computer. Do you still happen to have...
  7. I

32's and a 2" BL FINALY DONE! Looks SWEET! Lots of high-res pics.

the pics looks great Matt! We still need to go hit the trails together one day, since we havnen't yet. any time you need help in the future just be sure to let me know. ;)
  8. I

Utah Explorers

hell I am up for a sunday run, I wanna go up to the "B" cuz I haven't yet, and I hear you ranting and raving about it.. lol hell maybe we'll go up after we get your BL on.. ;) i gotta see what all the fuss is about.
  9. One of the Many Extreme Places an Ex can go.  ;)

One of the Many Extreme Places an Ex can go. ;)

Here is a great photo from a quick trip into Arches. lol
  10. I

Cruise control light out

yeah, i had the same thing happen to me. I just ended up replacing the buttons. they were like $25 or so, and yet you have to tear apart the steering wheel to do it.. I believe thats the only way to get lights back. ;)
  11. I

Superlift 4" suspension lift for explorers

how in the world did you get a $450 shaft for free? i am about to buy the two front boxes and i was gunna only run 2WD for awhile until I get the front shaft. What did you tell em to get it? Teach me your ways.. ;)
  12. I

Blower Resister?

ok... you were correct, when under heavy acceleration the air is coming from the defrost vents and not from the AC vents. So that makes sense thats it's a vacuum leak somewhere. So now the question being........ where in the world do I look and where do I go to fix?
  13. I

Blower Resister?

now that making a little more sense.. I have been w/o AC for some time due to a broken blend door.. but it was stuck in the heat position so I didn't mind.. but then this started happening... I just did a "temp" fix on the blend door so that I am getting heat and AC now.. I will check on the...
  14. I

Blower Resister?

ok.. so then any ideas why i would lose all air flow under accelleration? rear blower works perfectly fine.
  15. I

Blower Resister?

ok, blower is working fine under normal conditions a/c and heater, until heavy acceleration then no air is coming from the vents yet you can still hear the blower going.. i have done a search and I think its the blower resister under the hood? would I be right with the educated guess? thanks...
  16. I

Hub Bearing Failure ??

$50 not bad... ;) now if only it would go for that
  17. I

Hub Bearing Failure ??

hey thanks.. I was poking around on ebay and say a couple of potential candidates. thanks again for the info and help. :D
  18. I

Hub Bearing Failure ??

did you end up getting yours from him? If you did, would you buy from him again? If he treated you OK I would be willing to do that. Thanks
  19. I

Hub Bearing Failure ??

thats horrible... there is some lovely engineering on Ford's part.
  20. I

Hub Bearing Failure ??

ok.. now you guys are talking about replacing the entire hub with the bearing in it... My bearings have just started to squeek and I was wanting to just replace the actual bearing and not the entire hub assembly. has anyone tried to do this? aren't the bearings just pressed in?
  21. I

RCD RANGER 4" coilover kit for "4x4" !!

has anyone bought this kit yet??? I am thinking that I wanna give it a try and was wondering if anyone has any expirience with it yet?
  22. I

How difficult is it to replace an O2 sensor?

its as simple as unplugging the sensors, unscrewing the old ones, replacing them with new ones and then plugging them back in. With the wires coming out of the back its easier if you rent the O2 sensor removal tool from Autozone.
  23. I

Utah Explorers

well count me in if we ever get together and go. I am always more than willing to do anything once. I have been down to Little Moab a few times and had some fun there.
  24. I

Anyone Have a Proline Safari Basket?

oh yeah.. i'll pick up some for that!
  25. I

saw My first modified X other than mine

You know, there aren't that many around that are modded, but that just makes to that much greater. I love to pull up next to a stock X looking down on them. hehe
Back