Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Ford_Nova

The Wal-Mart Experience

I dont have a story like that, but i do know that i WONT go to walmart. I went to Discount Tire here near me and 20 mins my truck was in, tires changed, balanced and i was good to go. If i knew that someone there knew what they were doing id go but no one at home does so ill stay away from...
  2. Ford_Nova

Just another new B

Welcome to the forum, Hope you enjoy your stay here. I see you have an old F100, nice trucks they are.
  3. Ford_Nova

What kind of oil do you use?

Castrol GTX Sythetic 5w30 in everything i run, weather it be my 350HP Nova or my 5.0L Eddie Bauer Explorer. Its what my dad always used so its what i use now. Either way i try to change it at least every 3000-4000 miles, Altho i have yet to hit that in any one vehicle.
  4. Ford_Nova

What does it take to set off an alarm?

Yea, and for me living on the other side of the building on the third floor. I could barely hear it.
  5. Ford_Nova

Why dont we have a V8 swap Thread? POST A V8 SWAP LINK ITS GONNA BE A STICKY!!!

What i think would be cool (but alot of work) would be to have someone or a few people compile all the info that would be needed to do a V8 swap. This would also be cool to have for other things too.
  6. Ford_Nova

timing chain replacement on 4.0 liter sohc

Why are their 3 chains? Thats something i havent quite understood. And why in the back?
  7. Ford_Nova

This is all stock. Hence why its in the "Stock 95-01" forum. I was thinking about getting a viper system or something just to piss people off. The ones around here that get set off by noise IE: loud exhaust, go off after a bit of time. Mine doesnt. It ran for a whole half hour or longer before i...
  8. Ford_Nova

Anyone gotten out of a whoops with an exhaust jack?

lol, the hose goes off screen then comes back in. I doubt you would be able to get enough pressure out of the exhaust within a timely manor to do anything with it.
  9. Ford_Nova

The Ex Is Getting Painted.

Why would it get old? Anything thats unique and draws attention will get old given enough time. Or at least it would for me. Im just wanting something different. I priced some "Jazzy Blue" by Dupont's Hot Hues and it would cost me around $900 for the paint. Looks good tho. A buddy of mine...
  10. Ford_Nova

Ah, hood pin switch. For some reason i couldnt get my hood to latch...only prelatch. That could explain the first time. But the second time i dont know. My drivers door handle has been sticking and such.
  11. Ford_Nova

As the title says, what does it take to set off a 97 explorer alarm? I know some get set off by noise, some by motion, some by getting hit. My stepdads saturn if you locked it with the key fab and unlocked it with the key it would go off. Why i ask is because over the weekend my alarm went...
  12. Ford_Nova

But it would be awesome. Something i havent seen on a car. Make it look like a little kid did it, but in an orderly way so it looks decent. The guy who did that was going to try doing flames like that next.
  13. Ford_Nova

I hate dealerships!!

I had a similar problem with them. I went to a dealership wanting to know how much it would be to fix my Ex. I flat out told him what it was and was still going to charge me $70 to find out what the problem was. Needless to say that $70 went to buying what i needed to fix it. Also got to...
  14. Ford_Nova

Why dont we have a V8 swap Thread? POST A V8 SWAP LINK ITS GONNA BE A STICKY!!!

Not sure if this one will help. Never got completed but it has some useful information in it. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235183
  15. Ford_Nova

So i walk into the body shop today and see this sitting on a stand. Its a piece of aluminum painted black and then a grinder was taken to it 3 times with 3 candy's layered over it. Red, Tangerine, and Yellow. It then had 3 coats of clear put on, and then blocked. That process was repeated 3...
  16. Ford_Nova

Im going to try to get HOK if i can. Its the Kandy i dont think ill be able to get.
  17. Ford_Nova

custom truck license plate in VA

Not sure how much customs are back home in IL. But i do know to transfer a title and get new plates is $143. You can imagine for custom plates. As for the "truck" plates. Both of my exs have truck plates on them "B Truck" is what it says. Cost the same as a normal ones, but this one allows me to...
  18. Ford_Nova

The Final Plans

Sounds like a plan. More so than what im planning with Mine. Gotta go up against the nova when you get it done!
  19. Ford_Nova

But the thing is that with me being a student at NADC i get a discount at colormatch here in Nashville which carries Nason, Dupont and House Of Kolor.
  20. Ford_Nova

Yea. that oil canning has become not a good friend to me. Had to remud a few times because of it. And the Kandy i have no clue how much it will cost...but my instructor said somewhere around 2 grand
  21. Ford_Nova

So i was looking at my truck not knowing what color it actually is. People say its gold but at walmart i found the touch up paint and a "mocha frost" seems to fit quite nicely i guess. But while im here at school learning how to paint and all that..what better to paint the my old explorer...
  22. Ford_Nova

What's the secret to streak-free windows?

I cleaned my windows in shop last night. I used invisible glass with some of that brown paper towel that schools usually have. I noticed ALOT of streaking in the glass after that and followed it up with this white paper towel that they use to prep surfaces before painting. After that i had no...
  23. Ford_Nova

know which replacment bulbs to use?

Not sure about the lights...but the connector is most likely your OBD II connector.
  24. Ford_Nova

Hello and welcome to EF. I hope you enjoy your stay
  25. Ford_Nova

Cigarette Smoke Smell

Ive heard that dealers and such use onions to get the smell out. Theory is that get the rankest one you can find, chop it up, and put it under the seat (on a plate of course). Once the smell of onion is gone...spray some New Car Smell in it and bam, youve got a new car! If you have ever found a...
Back